Animation and Recreation
Olympic Valley/United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Spa | Massage Therapist (Part-Time) *** $1000 BONUS ***
Ready to start a new adventure! Explore a career with us, it could really pay off! Our Hiring Bonus offers:
Apply today to let the fun begin!!
- An extra $500 on your first pay check!
- An extra $500 after successful completion of 90 days with your new team!
The Destination Hotel brand isa diverse portfolio of sophisticated properties and experiences that provide guests the opportunity to discover new places and immerse in 'local life.'By empowering our people to build organic connections to their communities, provide warm, personal service, and create engaging moments for the people that they know best, we deliver experiences that both celebrate individuality and build a shared sense of community for the like-minded guest.
A luxury California resort in an idyllic mountain setting, Resort at Squaw Creek rests at the base of Squaw Valley, which is the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics, and is just minutes from North Lake Tahoe.
Our AAA Four-Diamond resort offers ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. Squaw Creek's dramatic lobby, with its floor-to-ceiling windows, overlooks a cascading waterfall and the breathtaking Sierra Nevada Mountains. 405 luxurious resort rooms and suites , complete with resort-style kitchenettes, fireplaces and LED flat-screen TVs, comfort guests with a "mountain meets modern" ambiance at our resort in Squaw Creek.
The Massage Therapist is responsible for administering body treatments and massages to guests. This person will provide exceptional service to create an extraordinary guest experience. The Massage Therapist will maintain the AAA Four Diamond standards.The Massage Therapist shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides prompt service with each appointment and performs services within the appropriate allotted time
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Provides consistent professional body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Properly cares for the equipment and uses proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls
- Has complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating and training guests in these areas
- Actively promotes home care programs, meeting minimum retail sales goals
- Upholds the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa's policies and procedures
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Performs prep work and properly cleans and restocks room as required
- Communicates to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention
- Actively promotes the spa, treatments, services, clinics and retail as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available
- Handles guests' questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Provides accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction
- Possesses the ability to work without direct supervision
- Maintains a positive attitude and contributes toward a quality work environment
- Regularly attends, participates in and supports training and staff meetings for the spa
- Adheres to all duties assigned by Spa Lead and/or Spa Manager
Experience & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years previous experience giving massage and body treatments in a similar setting preferred
- Valid California massage therapy license required
- At least one year customer service experience required
Why to work at Resort at Squaw Creek?
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have a strong passion for assisting guests in attaining their beauty and wellness goals
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent listening and communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the day, with intermittent periods of walking
- Must be able to lift & carry, or pull up to 30 lbs occasionally
- 50% discounted meals at property food service areas
- 12 Free Room Nights at any Hyatt Globally
- Medical Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
- Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Discount Ski Pass
- Complimentary Golf
- Enjoy vending meal set-up in our colleague dining hall
Our Vales: Respect Integrity Empathy Humility Creativity Fun
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.