Front of House
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Team Leader (Overnights) - Front Office
About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world's premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Team Leader (Overnights) - Front Office, you will be responsible for assisting with the efficient running of the overnight operations of the hotel in accordance with the established brand standards of Hyatt International. You will ensure the highest standards of customer service are met by efficiently processing the allocation and check in of arriving guests, receiving payments, posting transactions and check out of departing guests promptly.
Working in a team of 4, you will support the Front Office Manager in supervising the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Ensure all Front Office employees are familiar with the hotel's products, services, promotions, policies and procedures
- Correctly allocating rooms for the following day
- Delegation of tasks and responsibilities to staff
- Overseeing all staff performance whilst assisting them in their duties
- Ensuring all employees deliver the brand promise and provide excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Assist in the rostering of staff ensuring the department is adequately manned according to occupancy, service and costs
- Efficiently and effectively handle and resolve all guest complaints with the support and guidance from the Front Office Manager
- Oversee the up-selling and cross-selling of all facilities of the hotel
- Ensure amenities and welcome letters are placed in the rooms prior to the guests arrival
- Minimum two years' experience in Front Office within a four or five star hotel environment
- Experience using Opera systems is advantageous
- Diploma level or higher qualifications in in business or hotel management is advantageous
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (with advanced proficiency of the English language) and time management skills with a strong ability to multi-task
- Superior customer service skills along with excellent service resolution skills
- The capability of working both autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to work well under pressure and possess a great attention to detail
- The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of five star grooming standards
- The flexibility to work on a rotating 24/7 roster, including public holidays
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Wellbeing and Experimentation are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.job