IHG® Hotel Awards Recognize Excellence of More Than 700 Hotels Across the Americas
Company underscores commitment to community with donations to food banks in honor of award-winning achievements in 2019
IHG(InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the worlds leading hotel companies, has announced the recipients of its 2019 IHG Hotel Awards, which recognize the outstanding service, dedication and overall excellence of high-performing hotels across the Americas region.
Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, IHG and IHG-branded hotels have worked to best support local communities in their overall response efforts. In the spirit of this commitment, IHG is making donations to local food bank charities across the Americas in honor of award-winning hotels. These donations will support people in the community facing economic challenges due to Covid-19, including those in the hard-hit hospitality industry.
Elie Maalouf, Chief Executive Officer, Americas, IHG, said:At IHG, the strength of our brands comes from the tireless efforts of dedicated local hotel teams who bring these experiences to life for our guests each day. We congratulate the 2019 award-winning hotels for their impressive accomplishments. We also extend our deepest gratitude to all our hotel colleagues for their extraordinary efforts to deliver True Hospitality during the most difficult year our industry has ever faced.
Award-winning hotels were recognized for their 2019 achievements in one or more of the following categories:
- Torchbearer Achieving the highest levels of excellence in all aspects of operations, from quality to customer satisfaction.
- Quality Excellence Achieving superior levels of service excellence.
- Newcomer One of the best properties to join the IHG system within the last year.
- IHGRewards Club Excellence Providing outstanding experiences for IHG Reward Club members during their stay at the hotel.
- 5 of 5 Metrics Achieving stretch targets in each of their Guest Experience Winning Metrics for the year.
- Renovation Successful completion of major modernization and renovation programs during the past year.
- New Development Design Exemplary brand design, quality of construction and attention to detail during the past year.
For a full listing of 2019 Hotel Award winners, clickhere.
IHG(InterContinental Hotels Group)[LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, includingSix Senses Hotels Resorts Spas,Regent Hotels Resorts,InterContinentalHotels Resorts,KimptonHotels Restaurants,Hotel Indigo,EVEN Hotels,HUALUXEHotels and Resorts,Crowne PlazaHotels Resorts,voco,Holiday InnHotels Resorts,Holiday Inn Express,Holiday Inn Club Vacations,avid hotels,Staybridge Suites,Atwell SuitesandCandlewood Suites.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns more than 5,900 hotels and approximately 883,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with over 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also managesIHGRewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLCis the Groups holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visitwww.ihg.comfor hotel information and reservations andwww.ihgrewardsclub.comfor more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit:https://www.ihgplc.com/en/news-and-mediaand follow us on social media at:www.twitter.com/ihgcorporate,www.facebook.com/ihgcorporateandwww.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-hotels-group