Welcome to the Bonnington Hotel & Residence, JLT
The only Irish family owned & operated luxury hotel! Whether you are a guest enjoying our five star hotel services, a resident in one of our luxurious serviced residences, or a business client using corporate meeting facilities, the Bonnington offers you the last word in luxury hospitality, backed by a century of experience and tradition. The Bonnington boasts 208 deluxe room and suites and features 272 luxurious serviced residences with modern and stylish restaurant and bar. Situated along Sheikh Zayed Road, just opposite Dubai Marina, and in walking distance to Jumeirah Lakes Towers metro station, the Bonnington provides a chic 5 star residential.
It’s all about you!
At the Bonnington, we have always had a passion for service, creativity and a strong team spirit – we are a culturally diverse family communicating openly, honestly and treating each other with respect.
Many of our hospitality professionals join us from all over the world and stay with us for years, develop their skills and careers, just as we improve our hotel offerings for our guests.
We aim to develop our colleagues by getting to know our colleagues and their abilities, matching their strength with the needs of the business. We value diversity and equal opportunities as colleagues are valuable asset to the company, appreciate them with recognition and appreciation to boost colleagues retention and morale.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about hospitality. Being courteous, friendly and efficient is a innate part of their personality. In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess relevant experience in a similar position in 4 or 5 stars hotel.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skill in written and spoken English is a must. Additional languages are value added advantage.
Salary & Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic salary, accommodation, transport, duty meals, air ticket and medical insurance.
• To ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are in place for all Front Office sections and that they are updated frequently and adhered to at all times
• To make sure that appropriate fire evacuation procedures are in place for all Front Office sections, that all Front Office employees are aware of them and that regular departmental fire drills are carried out
• To work together with all other hotel departments and to ensure that all Front Office employees fully cooperate with staff from other hotel departments at all times
• To ensure regular team, section and departmental meetings are held and that the results/outcomes are recorded, filed and followed up
• To respond orally to positive or negative feedback received directly from guests or via comment cards/feedback systems and to develop strategies to address potential service shortfalls
• To ensure that pre-shift and post-shift briefings are conducted with all Front Office employees to make sure that all necessary information is communicated, all problems are followed up and that all employees are aware of current VIP guests, hotel promotions and room rates
• To be aware of local market competition, to monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented in our hotel
• To ensure that guest profiles in the hotel’s property management system are updated correctly after check-in and that all profiles are maintained, cleaned and merged correctly and regularly
• To assist in maintaining the Customer Feedback system
• To regularly check the service quality provided by the Front Office employees by means of customer comments, feedback during departmental & management meetings, etc. and to actively promote all ongoing incentive programs & guest feedback schemes and to communicate the results of such programs/schemes to the other HoDs and managers on a regular basis
• To be innovative, suggesting new ideas and investigating new ways of doing things or new services for our guests
• To assist in the preparation of the department’s annual budgets, analysing results and in implementing corrective actions if required
• To assist in the control of departmental costs on an ongoing basis and in implementing corrective actions if required
• To ensure that all departmental rosters are drawn up correctly and are based on the current budget and occupancy figures
• To make sure that all Front Office working materials/equipment, areas, signage and vehicles are always in good condition and cleaned/maintained regularly and that all faulty equipment, repair matters and health & safety concerns are immediately reported to the appropriate departments for rectification
• To be fully aware of the hotel’s credit policy and to make sure that all Front Office employees on duty are, too, and are adhering to all aspects of the credit policy at all times
• To ensure that a full credit-limit check is carried out and followed up daily and to investigate and, if necessary, address all potential credit risks
• To make sure that the registration card pits/buckets/files for all occupied rooms are checked daily for correctness of information on the registration card, billing backup and charge dockets and that all mistakes found are corrected immediately
• To ensure that the end-of-shift banking/cashier closures for all Reception employees are checked thoroughly every day and that all mistakes are corrected immediately whenever possible
• To liaise with the Revenue Manager, Reservations Manager and the Accounts Department to make sure that all “no-show” bookings are followed up properly and that “no-show” bookings are charged according to the hotel’s standards
• To actively promote all ongoing incentive programs and guest questionnaires as well as seek general feedback from guests and communicate all information about incentive program results, etc. to the other HoDs and managers on a regular basis as appropriate
• To carry out Duty Manager shifts/tasks when required and to perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Management
• Together with the Front Office Manager, to be overall responsible for the quality of the welcome received by our guests and visitors and to ensure that guests and visitors are welcomed warmly, checked in/out correctly and efficiently and that all charges are added to guest bills correctly and speedily
• To make sure that all Front Office sections, especially Guest Relations and Bell Desk, are always fully aware of all activities taking place in the hotel, the city and the region, so that guests consistently receive up-to-date and correct information
• To assist in managing and coordinating all group and VIP arrivals and stays, ensuring that Reservations, Guest Relations, Airport Representatives and Reception work together with all other hotel departments so that arrival, stay and departure of such guests run smoothly and according to the hotel’s standards
• To maintain effective key control and to liaise with the Security Department in all matters concerning guest-room security
• To regularly liaise with the Housekeeping Department regarding daily arrivals/departures and room allocations and with the Finance Department regarding all daily Front Office finance matters.
Candidate Must Possess
• Previous experiences in 5 Star Hotel (Preferred)
• Strong customer service
• Effective communication skills dealing with both internal and external contacts.