Company Profile :
A leading travel and tourism company based in Dubai, UAE, requires a General Manager to manage their Dubai office.
Job Description :
The General Manager must provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff with the development of long range and annual business plans. Assist managers, supervise and motivate staff in line with company’s procedure and ensure compliance with overall company policy. The overall responsibilities include :
• Sales Development
• Financial Management
• Staff Management (35-40 staff members)
• Daily Operational Management
Key Responsibilities of the Position :
• Promote and market the business.
• Manage budgets and maintain financial records.
• Supervise the sales of travel products and tour packages, with a special focus on LOCAL TOURS.
• Source products and destinations to meet consumer demands for bespoke travel and sustainable tourism.
• Deal with customer inquiries and aim to meet their expectations.
• Liaise with external and internal parties and establish long term business relations with such parties.
• Oversee the smooth, efficient running of the business.
• Negotiate agreements, with business partners e.g. overseas travel partners, air lines, hotels and other stakeholders.
• Analyze market and re-focus business plan in response to market changes
• Fluency in English, Effective Communication skills
• Excellent Managerial & Organizational skills
• Computer/Accounting Software proficiency
• Ability to build and manage teams.
• Resilience to cope with pressure at peak times.
University Degree holder, Minimum 5 years experience in Dubai and in the Travel & Tourism industry.
Commensurate with experience.