A bistro concept restaurant in Dubai media city, requires a ‘Junior Chef’. Candidates with UAE experience and involved in innovative and healthy cooking will be preferred. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Position Profile / Job Purpose
Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness.
• Be passionate about customer service with the capability of delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
• Assist the Executive Chef and Head Chef to hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecasts needs.
• Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with customers to promote food products and directing staff activities. Analyze feedback from clients and team members, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement. Maintain working rapport with all restaurant staff for efficient operation and service to the customer. Organize and conduct meetings with the culinary team.
• Monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
• Assist the Executive Chef to Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventive maintenance programs.
• Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
• Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for ice carvings, decorations.
• Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
• Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
• Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
• Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
• Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
• Provide safety training in first aid, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials.
• Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent qualification in Hospitality.
• Minimum 3 years experience in similar position.
• Ability to read, write, speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
• Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.