We are looking for the following position for our client, an international 5 star hotel based in Abu Dhabi.
Asst Food and Beverage Director
Basic : 12500AED
Transportation Allowance: 750.00
Accommodation: One Bedroom Apartment
Vacation Ticket: Yearly Ticket
We prefer female and European (Italian, French, German, Dutch, Belgian, British, Spanish, Austrian, Irish and alike) can be Australian, US or Canadian.
Responsible for all activities and matters that effect the preparation & service of food & beverage products.
• Responsible for the Organizing, planning , directing and managing the cost effective operation of the Food & Beverage Department of the hotel including food & beverage purchasing, receiving, storing, issuing, stewarding, preparation & serving of all food & beverage products in the hotel outlets to ensure the guest experiences the finest .
• Cuisine possible. Ensure maximum food and beverage profit through effective menu planning, sales promotion, cost & labor control while maintaining the highest Sheraton quality Standards for food & beverage products and services in all outlets .
• Organize & direct the planning, preparation and implementation of
menu revisions or additions with Executive Chef and other staff members to ensure selections prices and cuisine keep pace with the changing markets on a cost and merchandising basis and new innovative ideas are incorporated into the food & beverage operation.
• Review and analyze the sales abstracts, bar costs, and the daily flash food cost reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure maximum profitability of all food & beverage operations. Takes corrective action through sub-department heads to ensure budgeted profit projection will be attained.
• Organize and direct the preparation of the weekly food cover forecasts by all outlet managers. coordinate staffing and set up changes in food & beverage areas as determined from the review and analysis of the weekly forecast. The outlook and budget forecast of cover, revenue and payroll costs for all outlets to ensure the most cost effective operations possible without sacrificing service or quality. knowledge.
• Directs & manages through the Executive Chef the food preparation & kitchen operations for all food outlets in such a manner so as to provide the hotel guests with the best possible dining experience . to accomplish this, responsibilities are to include menu planning, food market purchasing, food selection and inspection of meats, fish , poultry and vegetables from the market, development of standard recipes, sample testing, evaluation of new products, recipes or cooking methods to continually strive to improve hotel cuisine and to ensure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality.
• Participates in monthly market visitations to remain cognizant of the availability of goods and market prices to ensure the highest quality goods are purchased for the hotel & the prices are in accordance with market conditions.
• Directs and manages the handling of all food & beverage inventories purchased by the hotel including the buying of the goods, receiving of the goods, storing of the goods and the subsequent issuance of the goods to food & beverage outlets. Responsible for the day to day control of the quality & quantity of the goods received, control and cleanliness of the storage facilities
( storerooms, refrigerators & freezers) and control of the issuance
procedure to maintain the highest Sheraton standards of quality.
• Reviews with the Resident Manager sales promotions programmers, customer complaints, follow-up letter, future bookings, etc. To maintain the hotels food and beverage operation at the highest standards.
• Direct and manage the hotel inventory of china, glassware, s/s, flatware & restaurant linen to ensure the service settings available to food & beverage outlets are of the highest quality & in the finest condition at all times.
• Establish and maintain the highest employment requirements for all guest contact employees to ensure all staff is highly motivated, service oriented & provides a positive Sheraton attitude all guests.
• Employee Relation
- Able to develop a motivated food & beverage team. Team to
experience low turnover rate & promotions from within.
• Materials or products
- coordinates the service of prepared food & beverage to the guests in an efficient manner ensuring maintenance of standards. Maintains as efficiently run, cost effective food & beverage storeroom.
- within the guidelines of the budget & forecast, keeps all
outlets furniture , fixtures, linen, glass, china, silver, menus all operating supplies and merchandising material to the highest level of quality.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining budget & or forecasted food & beverage cost of sale, other expense,
wage & benefit costs within the areas of direct supervision.
Responsible for assisting in the development of & the actual
Coordination of sales & merchandising programs that will meet or exceed budgetary expenditures.
• Business Contracts
- Maintains relationship within the hotel with all department
heads & promotes business for the hotel by maintaining good relations with the public.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Management Skills. Must have demonstrated superior management skills in previous responsibilities. Should be able to articulately explain his/her management style, problems successes, failures & programs. Should be able to move from F&B Management to General Management.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Rooms
• Ability to apply supervisory /management soft skills.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience required.
Four to five years of employment in a related position.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
To be responsible for ensuring the maintenance of all equipment within the security department.
Health & Safety
To be aware of implement all relevant aspects of health & safety regulation & company procedures.
To attend any internal & external training course that management may deem as beneficial
Attractive salary and benefits offered.
Please apply with your latest CV and photo now!!!