SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE:
Under the guidance of the Hotel Manager and within the limits of the Hotels policies, oversees and directs all aspects of the Housekeeping Department as outlined in the Standard operating procedure Manual. Inspects and monitors all areas of the hotel to ensure the highest quality assurance standards.
1. To report to work within the requested time, prior to the commencement of duty, well groomed and dressed to the uniform standard.
2. To demonstrate pride in the workplace with a high level commitment.
3. To treat all guests and colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times. To give your full cooperation to all guests, and assist in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
4. To anticipate guest’s needs wherever possible and react to these to enhance guest satisfaction.
5. To promote a helpful and professional image to the internal and external customer.
6. To ascertain a high degree of guest satisfaction (to receive zero complaints about your department).
7. To use guest names whenever appropriate.
8. To have a good knowledge of all the different types of rooms, hotel facilities, and hours of operation, restaurants, shops and function rooms. To be well informed about special functions and events held in the hotel on a daily basis.
9. To be aware of the hotel management, their office location, role and availability.
10. To comply with the hotels legal requirements for fire and Health & Safety.
11. To attend all training sessions as required.
12. To keep your work areas clean and tidy at all times.
13. To be fully aware of the places of interest, shopping areas, etc.
14. To maintain professional confidentiality and never disclose any secrets pertaining to the Company.
15. To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by a senior manager.
1. To assure a smooth Housekeeping operation with the highest standards of service to the guests.
2. To manage a cost – efficient and well organized department.
3. To provide a quality control report of every area of the hotel to the agreed standards.
4. To identify problem areas as identified by guests feed back and take corrective measures.
5. To facilitate Human Resources development and maintain effective communication within the department and with other departments in the hotel.
6. Willingness to accept the most effective role.
7. Assists in training new employees and continuation of learning for existing employees.
8. Ensures cleanliness of hotel, as reflected by service scores and quality assurance inspections.
9. Complete brand required training , and Property Management System training,
10. Housekeeping portion, to properly understand room statuses and delegation of room assignments for room attendants.
11. Oversees lost and found and proper recording, storage, and communication to various departments.
12. Completes and ensures guest requests for cleaning times or specifications are met in a timely manner.
13. Attends necessary meetings, both departmentally and inter-departmentally, to ensure proper
14. Communication is fostered to ultimately benefit the operation and service of the hotel.
15. Conduct interviews for potential new hires, perform coach and counseling sessions and/or disciplinary
16. Measures, employee evaluations, and will document and pass all documentation to HR Department
17. Review scheduling with Executive Housekeeper, based on demands of hotel, and properly maintain levels of staffing therein.
18. Maintains par levels of inventory of cleaning supplies, linens, required room materials and elements, to ensure brand standards and consistency measures are met.
19. Provides, fosters, and educates staff on a safe work environment, including proper storage of chemicals and materials needed for daily room cleaning.
20. Daily inspection of all rooms to ensure cleanliness and brand standards are consistently being met and room attendants are completing tasks in a timely fashion.
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Control all department expenses taking into consideration the budget and occupancy.
2. Prepares the annual budget for the department.
3. Control payroll expenses.
4. Monitors and controls inventories of operating equipment, linen and uniforms to ensure par stocks are maintained and costs are controlled.
5. Conducts market research for any new suitable product which can be used to minimize costs.
6. Decides for replacement of linen, uniforms, and equipment. Makes requisition for Management approval.
QUALITY STANDARDS OF SERVICE
1. Sets general cleaning programme for all Housekeeping areas as well as guest rooms including carpet, draperies, upholstery etc.
2. Maintains the cleanliness of all areas in guest rooms, public areas, F&B outlets, back of house etc.
3. Discusses with other departments the general cleaning schedule of the offices and outlets.
4. Ensures the Floor Supervisors, Linen Room, Public Area & other staffs understands the importance of guest satisfaction as a primary goal.
5. Monitors Housekeeping personnel to ensure that rooms and particularly those of VIP guest receive special attention.
ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION
1. Informs other operating departments of Housekeeping matters which concern them, notably Front Office, to ensure accurate room status, in addition to communicating with the Engineering and Laundry departments.
2. Schedules routine inspections of all occupied and non – occupied rooms
3. Inspects guest rooms and all Housekeeping areas on a regular basis to ensure
Furnishings, facilities and equipment are clean and in repair, well maintained and replaced/refurbished as required.