An exciting pre-opening experience is waiting for you. Our client, a modern casual dining Restaurant located in Bahrain is looking for a Head Chef to lead the team.
The Restaurant offers delicious simple Italian food in a fresh, nostalgic and fun environment.
Staff Level: Managerial
Minimum Education Requirement: Diploma
Minimum industry experience required: 4 years
Minimum experience required in the same role: 2 years
Salary: BD 350-650 plus Duty Meals, Life insurance Private Medical, Car or allowance, Company flat or HRA, 1 year ticket to candidate and family.
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Executive Chef / Head to set standards and maintain them.
Your key responsibilities would include:
• Supervise all colleagues engaged in the kitchen together with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
• Attend daily meetings with Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day and review the list of things to do for maximum 2 days thereafter
• Holds meeting with the colleagues in each particular kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef’s meeting and some other issues.
• Establish culinary standards for the speciality of each kitchen which includes banqueting that caters to a number of guests.
• Plan menus and compile recipes for food tasting
• Inspect twice daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations as discussed further.
• Check any spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and inform the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
• Check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
• During service periods assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
• Conducts training and thorough briefing on the correct usage of kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that this is carried out in the correct manner by all kitchen colleagues.
• Ensure the personal hygiene of colleague is up to the standard.