A Bahrain-based fine dining restaurant is looking for dynamic and enthusiastic professionals to join their team.
Inspired by a Balinese Palace with a Thai influence, this fine dining Restaurant is a true feast for the senses. From its breathtaking interior to its Far Eastern Cuisine, blending Thai, Japanese and Vietnamese dishes, this Restaurant is an unforgettable experience.
The Restaurant is part of a large and wide company portfolio which owns and operates 8 highly successful outlets and together with the strength of over 30 years knowledge and experience, as well as a solid marketing platform, the company is perfectly positioned for increased, sustainable, and continuous profitable growth in the very near future.
Staff Level: Rank & File
Minimum Education Requirement: Diploma
Minimum industry experience required: 3 years
Minimum experience required in the same role: 2 years
Salary: BD 350- 650 plus BD 32 meals allowance, life insurance, transportation or allowance, single room or HRA, air ticket to candidate every 2 years.
Besides knowing how to prepare, and wrap, different types of items on the sushi menu, a Sushi Chef also needs to be able to make a host of other traditional Japanese dishes. Typically, the sushi chef will also find his or herself managing and training others in the kitchen as well as handling their own station.
• Knowing the proper methods of cutting fish, meat and vegetables
• Preparing stocks, soups and sauces
• Properly making sushi rice
• How to handle fish and ingredients for sushi preparation
• Preparing all types of Japanese cuisine
• Order food and supplies when needed
• Selecting fresh and superior ingredients
• Continually check the quality of raw and cooked products
• Instruct cooks on preparation, cooking and garnishing of food
• Maintenance and sharpening of knives
• Keeping sushi station up to sanitation and safety standards
• Positively interact with customers
• Create an entertaining and special experience for customers
• Seek to push the limits in creativity creating signature dishes
• Creating an appealing presentation and garnishes
• Designing new types of sushi rolls
• Keeping up with the latest trends
• Training and motivating staff
• Perform monthly inventories
• Plan and price items to meet profit margins