• To skillfully produce a variety of food dishes to a high standard of preparation, production and presentation, working to cost recipes.
Main duties and responsibilities:-
• To check all working stations are ready
• Your hygiene. Make sure that you are wearing clean and crisp uniform
• Under the direction of the Head Chef, prepare and produce food as directed using modern methods, equipment, fresh food and convenience food commodities, including the production of fast foods and unusual dishes.
• Ensure that all food cooked and served is of a high quality.
• Ensure that all food is served at a safe and appropriate temperature using probes where necessary and to record same.
• Maintain sufficient stock levels of all food and snack items being sold at each outlet.
• Ensure that all areas in the kitchen are kept clean and tidy at all times. To assist in clearing, cleaning, washing within the kitchen, including in-depth cleaning, using any approved specialized products and methods laid down.
• Use of a high level of cooking skills in the production of new food dishes using modern food technology and methods.
• Undergo training in both formal courses and on-the-job to develop cooking and kitchen organizational skills.
• Maintain legal hygiene and safety requirements for food and equipment with particular responsibilities as laid down and agreed with the Head Chef and carry out training of subordinates where appropriate.
• Assist stock taking within the total Catering Department in conjunction with the Head Chef.
• Attend daily briefings and monthly kitchen meetings.
• Have necessary equipment to work with; tray, pen, pad and lighter
• Be aware of daily restaurant special and promotions
• Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the hotel.
• Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
• Report any unusual occurrences to his superior.
• At all times strive to represent in the most professional, courteous manner.
• Be able to work accordingly to budget, keep constant eye on staffing level and control costs as much as you can.
• Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
A Diploma or Degree holder from related culinary college.
Excellent planning & managing skills.
Minimum four or more years of hotel industry and culinary management experience, preferred experience in four star or five star reputed hotels.
Possess superior creative and technical abilities to produce a broad spectrum of product.
Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
Personable and approachable, Self-motivated, responsible, confident and flexible.