Vacancy Number: 859
Our client offers a new Café style concept that is designed to fit naturally into park and beach settings and enhance the outdoor experience. They will also serve as a community hub by bringing in different activities and events together in some of Dubai’s most beautiful spots. They are currently seeking dynamic professionals to join their growing team of competitive restaurateurs.
Industry: Hospitality / Tourism / Recreative
Staff Level: Rank & File
Education requirement: Diploma
Industry experience required: 2 years
Experience in the same role: 2 years
Salary: AED 3500-5500
Other Benefits: UAE labor law benefits
Key Position Accountabilities
The job holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
• Assists with the overall management of the kitchen in the absence of the senior chefs which includes, ensuring that daily checks are done, managing the junior team members and being accountable for the quality standards of the food being served and ensuring PARK HOUSE standards are adhered to.
• Understands and practice basic food hygiene at all times as defined within the company operational manual and the Daily Diligence Diary (DDD), which includes the maintenance of fridges and general equipment cleanliness, to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
• Communicate any information to the relevant team members, which includes information on stock levels, best working practices, quality control in accordance with the company standards.
• Ensure that all food preparation and food levels are consistent with quality and quantity standards, by conducting frequent quality checks of dishes to ensure that the kitchen is providing the best service possible
• Control storage of all food items by minimizing spoilage, par levels of stock, daily production lists , waste, and exercising strict portion control to minimise cost impact on the business
• Follow guidelines and standard operating procedures which includes, working in line with set recipes and in line with the DDD to ensure that a consistent level of service is provided.
• Assists in maintaining the database in line with the finance inventory system to ensure that the ordering and receiving procedure meets the culinary operation’s demands
• Trains junior employees on standard operating procedures detailed in the DDD which includes, correct use of machinery and equipment, regular cleaning methods and monitoring the deep cleaning schedule to ensure that the kitchen is in line with stringent audit requirements.
Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager.Essential:
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience within an established restaurant/hospitality company
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Passion for the culinary arts
• Able to work efficiently under pressure
• Able to work effectively within a team
• Valid UAE drivers licenseDesirable:
• Good understanding of the English language and ability to learn
• Degree/qualification in culinary arts
• Basic computer skills