Our client , a modern and trendy 4-star boutique hotel which is located in the most progressive area of Al Barsha is currently looking for young professionals join their team. The Hotel provides tastefully and elegantly designed selection of rooms which are equipped with premium quality interior. Guests of this hotel can enjoy large room space in a modern ambience .The hotel has something for everyone to enjoy his memorable stay.
Industry:Hospitality / Tourism / Recreative
Staff Level:Rank & File
Industry experience required:2 years
Experience in the same role:2 years
Salary:AED1500 plus other hotel standard benefits.
To manage all aspects of the restaurant and supervise the culinary offer in the absence of the Restaurant Manager., Managing all aspects of brand standards in line with specific policies. Assuming full responsibility for the financial performance of the restaurant in the absence of the Restaurant Manager Key Position Accountabilities
The job holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
• Manage procedures which are conducive to maintaining the brand guidelines
• Responsible for assuming overall management of the restaurant in the absence of the Restaurant Manager which includes, ensuring that there is full coverage of the restaurant at all times, ensures all daily checks are completed and operations manuals monitored and signed off, managing the junior team members and being accountable for the quality standards of the food being served and ensuring food safety and hygiene standards are adhered to.
• Manages the implementation of safety and hygiene systems, ensuring that the kitchen meets acceptable standards and passes all audit requirements
• Communicates any information to the relevant team members, (including GM and Executive Chef) which includes information on stock levels, best working practices, quality control in accordance with the company standards.
• Ensure that all food preparation and food levels are consistent with quality and quantity standards, by conducting frequent quality checks of line/preparation to ensure that the kitchen is providing the best product possible
• Monitors the controls of storage of all food items by minimizing spoilage, par levels of stock, daily production lists , waste, and exercising strict portion control to minimise cost impact on the business
• Ensure that subordinates follow guidelines and standard operating procedures which includes, working in line with set recipes/weight guidelines and in line with the operations diary to ensure that a consistent level of service is provided.
• Is responsible for submitting accurate and informative daily reports with recommendations for business and employee development where required in the absence of the Restaurant Manager
• Supervises the restaurant & kitchen team which includes, fair and dynamic scheduling, full understanding of the whole business and coaching team members where appropriate to maintain an effective and motivated workforce
• Develop junior employees on standard operating procedures detailed in the operations diary which includes, correct recording of critical limits, regular cleaning methods and monitoring the deep cleaning schedule to ensure that the kitchen and restaurant is in line with stringent audit requirements and ensuring that the employee’s performance is monitored
• Is responsible for the cash deposits, closing shifts and all banking accurately. Is responsible for the petty cash and its control and correct use in the absence of the Restaurant Manager
• Understands working practice and expectations and the disciplinary process within UAE labor law
• Understands local government working practices and is able to mediate with the government inspectors and auditors
• Liaises with Head Office support staff and responds to requests in a timely manner
• Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager Selection Criteria
• Minimum of 4 years experience within an established restaurant/hospitality company
• People Management skills
• Experience working with a multi-cultural team
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Passion for the restaurant business
• Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
• Excellent decision making skills
• Able to work efficiently under pressure
• Able to work effectively within a team
• Must have a valid UAE drivers license
• 1 year experience at Restaurant Supervisor level
• Good understanding of the English language and ability to learn
• Basic computer skills Critical Competencies
These are the competencies that the job holder will be evaluated on in accordance with the Performance Management processes:
• Customer Focus
• Knowledge and Skills
• Planning and Organizing
• Analytical Thinking