To provide the in-house guests & an efficient housekeeping services in terms of cleaning the hotel public areas and the other related areas.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Report to work within the requested time, prior to the commencement of duty, well groomed and dressed to the uniform standards.
• Demonstrate pride in the work place with a high level of commitment.
• Treat all guests, members & colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
• Anticipate guest’s needs wherever possible and react to these to enhance guest satisfaction.
• Promote a helpful and professional image to the internal and external customers.
• Ascertain a high degree of guest satisfaction (to receive zero complaints about your department)
• Use guest names wherever appropriate.
• Have good knowledge of all the different types of rooms, hotel facilities, and hours of operation, restaurants and functions rooms. To be well informed about the special functions and events held in the hotel on daily basis.
• Be aware of hotel management, their office location, role and availability.
• Comply with the hotel legal requirements for fire, bomb threats and Health Safety.
• Attend all training sessions as required.
• Keep your work area clean and tidy all the times.
• Have the maximum knowledge of Dubai History, places of interest, shopping areas, etc.
• Maintain the professional confidentiality and never disclose any secret pertaining to the company.
• Carry out any reasonable duties as required by a senior manager.
• Report to the supervisor immediately after joining the duty.
• Clean the allotted guest rooms as per the required standards.
• Report for any maintenance complains to the supervisor or Linen Room.
• Carry out the complete inspection of the room and inform the supervisor about any unusual thing found in the room.
• Arrange the housekeeping trolley as per the required standard.
• Keep the dirty linen properly secured.
• Clean the floor corridors.
• Vacuum all the rooms after the service.
• Keep the pantry area properly cleaned and maintained.
• Inform the supervisor about the room status.
• Inform the supervisor about anything found in the room after check out of the guest.
• Collect the guest laundry and hand it over to the supervisor or linen room.
• Obey any other order given by the supervisor.
• Register the proper record in the floor log book.
• Inform immediately to the supervisor or security department, if liquor or alcohol found in the rooms.
• Ensure not to open guest room for any one.
Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the hotel.
Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
Report any unusual occurrences to his superior.
At all times strive to represent Hotel in the most professional, courteous manner.
Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High school/ secondary school certificate required.
Able to communicate in English– listening, speaking, reading and writing
Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in housekeeping or related work in hotel industry.
Able to work under pressure, self-motivated and a fast learner