Vacancy Number: 1005
UAE’s leading event venue and largest event and exhibition Centre is currently looking for young and experienced professionals to join their growing team.
The core of their business is exhibitions and events however the scope of activities is far wider. The company does connect people, products and ideas from around the globe through their year-round calendar of international trade fairs, blockbuster consumer shows and prestigious international conferences.
Industry: Restaurants / Catering
Staff Level: Rank & File
Education requirement: Secondary
Industry experience required: 2 years
Experience in the same role: 2 years
Salary: AED 6900
Other Benefits: UAE labor law
As a chef de partie you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables and so on. This is why the job is sometimes called a station chef or line cook. In large kitchens, you usually get help from a demi-chef de partie, commis or trainee chef. Chances are that you'll be cooking fine dining or French dishes, but modern kitchens offering informal or contemporary menus generally have two or three sections, too.
• Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your specialty
• Managing and training any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you
• Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
• Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
• Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.