• To ensure that all set up and service are maintained in accordance to standard.
• Take pride in all facets of your service to include quality, appearance and cleanliness for yourself.
• Will be able to lead, guide and assist the day to day work.
Main duties and responsibilities
• To check all working stations are ready
• Be aware of items that are not available in the kitchen
• Your hygiene. Make sure that you are wearing clean and crisp uniform
• Know your product
• Have necessary equipment to work with; tray, pen, pad and lighter
• Be aware of daily restaurant special and promotions
• Be knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods
• Ensure that all areas in the kitchen are kept clean and tidy at all times. To assist in clearing, cleaning, washing within the kitchen, including in-depth cleaning, using any approved specialized products and methods laid down.
• Use of a high level of cooking skills in the production of new food dishes using modern food technology and methods.
• Undergo training in both formal courses and on-the-job to develop cooking and kitchen organizational skills.
Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the company.
Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
Report any unusual occurrences to his superior.
At all times strive to represent company in the most professional, courteous manner.
Be able to work accordingly to budget, keep constant eye on staffing level and control costs as much as you can.
Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
A Diploma or Degree holder from related culinary college.
Excellent planning & managing skills.
Minimum 2-3 years of hotel industry or related work experience, preferred experience in four star or five star reputed hotels.
Possess superior creative and technical abilities to produce a broad spectrum of product.
Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
Personable and approachable, Self-motivated, responsible, confident and flexible.