To provide the in-house guests & efficient housekeeping services in terms of cleaning their rooms, complain receiving, laundry handling, staff uniforms, linen distribution and other related areas.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Report to work within the requested time, prior to the commencement of duty, well groomed and dressed to the uniform standards.
• Demonstrate pride in the work place with a high level of commitment.
• Treat all guests, members & colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times. Give your full cooperation to all the guests in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
• Anticipate guest’s needs wherever possible and react to these to enhance guest satisfaction.
• Promote a helpful and professional image to the internal and external customers.
• Ascertain a high degree of guest satisfaction (to receive zero complaints about your department)
• Use guest names wherever appropriate.
• Have good knowledge of all the different types of rooms, hotel facilities, hours of operation, restaurants and function rooms. To be well informed about the special functions and events held in the hotel on daily basis.
• Be aware of hotel management, their office location, role and availability.
• Comply with the hotel legal requirements for fire, bomb threats and Health Safety.
• Attend all training sessions as required.
• Keep your work area clean and tidy all the times.
• Have the maximum knowledge of Dubai History, places of interest, shopping areas, etc.
• Maintain the professional confidentiality and never disclose any secret pertaining to the company.
• Carry out any reasonable duties as required by a senior manager.
• Handle the housekeeping phone all the time.
• Keep the housekeeping office clean and tidy.
• Handle the cleaning chemicals professionally.
• Make the linen distribution smooth and on time.
• Receive and record the washed linen and other laundered items from the laundry people.
• Receive the guest laundry from the supervisors and record it efficiently.
• Post the laundry bills in the guest folios.
• Deliver the laundry bill copies as per the requirements.
• Arrange the complete filing in the housekeeping department.
• Receive the VC status rooms from the supervisors and feed them accordingly in the system.
• Receive the guest complaints and try to solve them ASAP.
• Receive the maintenance complains and pass them on to maintenance department with the proper record and follow up.
• Update and maintain the complete linen inventory available in the office.
• Handle the staff uniform and to control it.
• Maintain a log book for any important follow up.
Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the hotel.
Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
Report any unusual occurrences to his superior.
At all times strive to represent our hotel in the most professional, courteous manner.
Be able to work accordingly to budget, keep constant eye on staffing level and control costs as much as you can.
Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High school diploma required.