1. Prepares the department’s budget, recommending items to be included in the hotel's capital budget, and ensures adherence with approved budget guidelines.
2. Analyze hotel manpower requirements with Department Heads and General Manager and make recommendations on selection and development activities to fulfill this role.
3. Develop and implement recruiting and screening systems and procedures to attract qualified candidates for vacancies.
4. Acknowledge, screen and forward job applications to Department Heads in a timely and professional manner.
5. Assist Department Heads in recruitment related processes (interviews, issuance of job offer, reference checks etc).
6. Ensure proper job descriptions are available for all functions, and that these are regularly reviewed with the relevant Department Heads to ensure correctness.
7. Counsel employees, Department Heads and Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
8. Direct and co-ordinates responses to grievances and employee complaints.
9. Ensures that employees are disciplined based on appropriate grounds and adequate documentation is maintained.
10. Ensures disciplinary action is taken as required utilizing consistency, fairness and respect.
11. Ensures Department Heads and Supervisors conduct performance appraisals in a well-planned, professional and non-discriminatory way.
12. Keeps Department Heads and General Manager informed of performance appraisals past, due, and follows-up on performance appraisals conducted inappropriately.
13. Oversees administrative processes including but not limited to:
• Maintenance of Employee Files
• Review and update of Employee Handbook
• Medical Insurance (where applicable)
• Vacation Applications
• Sick Pay
• Emergency Leave
• Exit Interviews
• Staff Accommodation
• Staff Cafeteria
14. Perform Salary and Employee Satisfaction Surveys annually, reporting to the management on trends, areas of concern and adjustments required where applicable.
15. Analyze Staff Turnover quarterly, distributing results to Department Heads for discussion and follow-up on corrective action where applicable.
16. Meet with third party consultants as required including but not limited to:
• Specialist Training Consultants
• Staff Transportation
• Recruitment Agents
• Staff Accommodation
• Medical Insurance
• Oversees the training function role:
• Analysis of Training Needs
• Development of Annual Training Calendar and Budget
• Verify and approve external training requirements
• Monitors budget adherence
• Effectiveness of training
17. Together with Department Heads and General Manager, identify employees for development, and conduct the necessary steps with the relevant Department Heads to prepare, support and assist the individual to achieve their goals.
18. Handle when applicable requests regarding employee transfers to other departments.
19. Administers the employee newsletter and oversees any related social activity functions.
20. Ensures compliance with hotel Human Resources guidelines, policies and procedures, as well as relevant regulations.
21. Is fully updated and knowledgeable on the Saudi labour regulations.