• To ensure that all set up and service are maintained in accordance to Hotel's standard of service.
• Take pride in all facets of your service to include quality, appearance and cleanliness for yourself and dining room.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Ensure prompt, efficient and friendly service in dining room
• To check all working stations are ready for guest service
• Be aware of items that are not available in the kitchen
• Handle station assigned to you. Do not leave the floor except with permission from your supervisor
• Your appearance plays a big role on guest's observance of hygiene. Make sure that you are wearing clean and crisp uniform
• Give proper attention to the details of service; cleaning beverage glasses and ashtrays. Check back to the guest shortly after serving for feedback
• Use suggestive selling techniques to increase the sales
• Know your product
• Attend daily briefings and monthly F&B meetings.
• Have necessary equipment to work with; tray, pen, pad and lighter
• Be aware of daily restaurant special
• Be knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods
Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the hotel.
Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
Report any unusual occurrences to his/her superior.
At all times strive to represent Hotel in the most professional, courteous manner.
Be able to work accordingly to budget, keep constant eye on staffing level and control costs as much as you can.
Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
Knowledge of good hygiene practices (Food Safety Management system) is essential. (HACCP).
Minimum 2 years experience in Food & Beverage department in hotel industry, or related work in food industry.
Ability to speak correctly and hospitably to guests and answer questions and if Necessary provide some recommendations.