Celebrity Cruises is looking for dynamic, top-quality individuals to join their expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, they provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for their onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join them at sea. Join Celebrity Cruises team today as an Utility Cleaner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste
of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’
Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through
Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner
at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard
employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Individual responsibilities will be assigned by the Kitchen Steward or the Assistant Food
Manager, with on the job training and learning the process of cleaning and sanitation as per the
procedures of the United States Public Health Standards.
3. Must be knowledgeable about all the cleaning materials and chemicals, taking the necessary
precautions to avoid any bodily injuries or damages to the ship’s property.
4. Reports for duty at assigned times and follows his/her supervisor’s instructions according to the
company’s rules and regulations.
5. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard
operation, in order to assist guests and CFMs with inquiries.
6. When needed and at the discretion of the F&B Manager, Utility Cleaner should be schedule for
loading handling on turn around days.
7. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
8. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their
supervisor or management.
* 2-5 years recent experience in a star hotel, resort or cruise ship as kitchen steward required.
* Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred