First Central Hotel Apartments is currently looking for suitable candidate for the position of Purchasing Clerk. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Finance. The essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To be thoroughly familiar with all the items required in different Department within the Hotel.
- Categorize all store areas within his/her control to ensure items are readily identified and available when required.
- Control issuance of storeroom items in order to prevent wastage.
Ensure that any delivered items, comply with the requirements and specifications.
- Maintain day-to-day records for accounting purposes.
- Prepare purchase requests and LPO and follow-up with suppliers for prompt delivery.
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy all times.
- Performs related duties and special projects where and when instructed by his/her supervisor.
- Work to the highest standards of his/her trade and conforms to all local codes of practice.
- Inspect supplier’s delivery of Finance materials and supplies for conformity with quantity and quality specifications.
- Store and arranges stocks for ease of issuance, maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storerooms.
- Issue materials and supplies per approved requisitions.
- Keep records of materials received or issued.
- Conduct monthly inventory of materials and supplies comparing stock card balances with physical count.
- Compute material costs for work orders.
- Maintain manuals, catalogues, and list of suppliers.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Head of Departments
- Ability to develop and build relationships, utilize skills appropriately
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to other colleagues
- Ability to work a full-time schedule, including weekends and holidays as needed -- Ability to handle big inventories.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- FEMALE CANDIDATE REQUIRED
- WITH EXPERIENCE IN HOTEL INDUSTRY