First Central Hotel is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Restaurant Supervisor who will be reporting directly to the Restaurant Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES
- Maximizes profitability related to the Food and Beverage Department.
- Controls labour cost according to the budget
- Maintains par stock level for operational equipment and maintains inventory control procedures
- To be responsible for all money, floats and billing procedures, ensuring they are implemented as detailed in the Standard Manual
- To maintain all par stock levels as specified
- To ensure that all reporting staff maintains a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
- To ensure that all the reporting staff demonstrate the required Service Standards
- To assist the Restaurant Manager in maintaining and updating the Departmental Service Standards and regularly monitoring staff performance against agreed criteria.
- To carry out Associates Briefings prior to the start of each shift
- To assist the Restaurant Manager with the orientation of new members of associates and handle staff grievance and disciplinary matters to the agreed hotel standard.
- To greet, receive and accompany guests to their tables
- To take orders professionally, using every opportunity to up sell discreetly and relay same to Captains / Waiters
- To participate in service when necessary, such as preparation of special dishes and serving VIP guests.
- To be responsible for liaising with guests in the Restaurant, ensuring that they receiving discreet and elegant service.
- To consistently provide and maintain the highest standard of guest care & service
- To handle any guest complaints or problems promptly and to ensure that all resolved / unresolved incidents are reported to your Restaurant Manager
- To have a complete working knowledge of the Restaurant Menu and any special promotions being able to answer guest queries quickly, knowledgeably and in a discreet manner according to the Hotel’s Standards.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager in keeping records, guest history, making requisitions, maintenance orders and scheduling associates.
- To ensure that Menus are well presented and kept updated
- To assist the Restaurant Manager for all the upcoming promotions in the Restaurant
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree holder in Hospitality Management or Business Administration
- With experience for at least 4 years in F& B Operations wherein 2 years should be on Supervisory level
- A Trainer who could assist in developing the talents within the Department