1. Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned functions:
All menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices
Daily menu specials
POS and manual system procedures
Daily house count, arrivals/departures, VIPs
Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times
All service standards and operational procedures
2. Complete opening side duties as assigned:
Check quality and amount of all restaurant stock and supplies
Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from the storeroom to the restaurant
Set-up tables according to service standards
Set-up all condiments according to service standards
Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service
Set-up side station with supplies and equipment
Check cleanliness and condition of all equipment for use in the restaurant area, rectifying any deficiencies
Ensure all flowers and decorative items are fresh and clean
3. Take guest food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques
4. Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by the kitchen.
5. Serve the food items and beverages to guests in accordance with departmental standards.
6. Prepare all coffee varieties in accordance with departmental standards.
7. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests even when busy.
8. Maintain positive guest relations.
9. Be familiar with all hotel service facilities, features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest enquiries accurately.
10. Handle guest complaints and resolve issues ensuring guest satisfaction, requesting assistance from the Food & Beverage Captain/Shift Leader/Outlet Manager when required.
11. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
12. Clear each course as per departmental standards.
13. Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
14. Present check to guest for signature/payment. Adhere to all payment procedures established by Accounting.
15. Clean and reset tables immediately after guests depart.
16. Complete closing side duties:
Properly store all reusable goods
Clean all equipment
Restock items for next service
Remove all dirty linen; fold napkins
Collect and stock all condiments