1. Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled.
2. Work as directed by the Chef de Partie.
3. Assists in taking delivery and safe storage of deliveries for the section as directed by the Chef de Partie.
4. Sets-up properly and on time for each service period.
5. Prepares, cooks and presents dishes within your speciality to the quality and standards expected.
6. Make sure quality and quantity meets the standards as set by the Somewhere Hotels.
7. Adheres to portion control standards and minimizes wastage to maintain profit margins.
8. Participates in buffet set up and decoration.
9. Assists during meal periods that buffet tables and a la carte mis en place is kept replenished and attractive for the duration of service.
10. Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
11. Ensure necessary paperwork, administration, controls and records are undertaken and maintained as directed by the Executive Chef to include Health & Safety, Food Safety and any other as requested.
12. Comply with all HACCP requirements and procedures as per Somewhere Hotels standards.
13. Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained by following cleaning routines and through ongoing diligence during the shift and in set-up and clean down procedures.
14. Reports any malfunctioning equipment to the Chef de Partie.
15. Deal with guest requests, comments and concerns promptly and professionally with follow up where required to ensure guest satisfaction.
16. Communicates to the Chef de Partie any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information.
17. Be able to work in another area when needed.
18. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.