McGettigan’s Pub was first opened in Ireland in the 1960’s, on Queen Street in Dublin by Jim McGettigan. Since that day, the business has grown from Dublin, moved to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, back home to Donegal, Limerick and Galway with further locations in Singapore, Clarke Quay and New York City.
2010 saw the very first McGettigan’s Irish Pub open its doors in Dubai at Jumeirah Lakes Towers. Eighteen short months later, the McGettigan’s story in Dubai expanded with the opening of both McGettigan’s Irish Pubs at Dubai World Trade Centre and Dubai International Airport.
Unique décor, delicious Irish food & drinks, the best Irish and international entertainment and sporting events are the ingredients that have made McGettigan’s Irish Pubs such a success in the United Arab Emirates.
McGettigan’s in Jumeirah Lakes Towers had an explosive first eighteen months, hosting major live sporting events, and featured concerts and gigs.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about Food & Beverage. Being courteous, friendly and efficient is an innate part of their personality. In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess relevant experience in a similar position in 4 or 5 stars properties or Pub experience.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skill in written and spoken English is a must. Additional languages are value added advantage.
Salary & Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic salary, accommodation, transport, duty meals, air ticket and medical insurance.
• To be fully aware of the department’s Standard Operating Procedures and the company’s fire evacutation procedures and to adhere to them at all times.
• To carry out shifts/tasks when required and to perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• To minimize operating cost by using all equipment and products in accordance with the departmental guidelines and to ensure that all equipment is turned off at the end of the shift
• To minimize controllable losses
• To ensure that all refrigerators and work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
• To rotate all food products and correctly complete the production charts
• To make sure that all stations are properly cleaned at the end of the shift and at the end of the day
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
• To ensure that all food items are labelled, dated and rotated correctly
• To maintain the highest quality and appearance of all dishes sent out from the kitchen and to make sure that all plates used are clean and look appetizing
• Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
•Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the Sous Chef or Chef de Partie
•Make sure quality and quantity meets our standard.
Candidate Must Possess
• Professional kitchen apprenticeship
• Chefs training course
• Previous experiences in 5 Star Hotel and Pub (Preferred)
• Good culinary skills.
• Ability to communicate well in English
• Proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is essential.