1. Leads the entire cashier in resolving shortages and overage investigation in clearing calculation issues.
2. Oversee the room allocations; reassignment, blocking, and inventory management on a daily basis
3. Continuously check the house status throughout the day blocking ready rooms for all arriving guests.
4. Review next day’s arrivals and departures blocking rooms taking into consideration all special requests early arrivals, late checkouts
5. Creates the scheduling of weekly roster to ensure sufficient resources are allocated for the expected business levels, adjusting where necessary to facilitate a smooth operation with the approval of Front Office Manager.
6. Trains the team members of the section including preparation and development of modules applicable to the property size.
7. Acts as the lead cashier among the team members to liaise with audit in how to eliminate shortages and questionable transactions.
8. Is fully knowledgeable of the Property Management system (PMS) including all operational and reporting functions.
9. Ensures the smooth handling of all Front Desk processes.
10. Disseminate to other team members the daily events, key figures and revenue opportunities in the hotel.
11. Monitor the arrival list to ensure return guests, VIP and other special groups are recognized in accordance with Somewhere Hotels standards.
12. Manages and participate in the prompt and courteous check-in and check¬-out of guests.
13. Up sells room categories and cross sells restaurants within the hotel.
14. Co-ordinate availability of rooms with the Senior Housekeeping Supervisor.
15. Coordinates with the Duty Engineer for all room and preventive maintenance requirements.
16. Helps and assist the guest as a source of information.
17. Provides a full cashier and currency exchange system and ensures all transactions are being posted through the PMS.
18. Checks the daily cashier shift drops from the Front Office team.
19. Ensures that all data relating to the requirements laid out by the local authorities for the entry of guest data into the CID system is complete and correct.
20. Ensure a well-organized filing system for guest records is kept and maintained.
21. Check and ensure guest registration forms are up to date and accurate.
22. Liaises with the Duty Manager in case of an accident or unlawful incident and ensures the relevant forms are completed and distributed.
23. Handles any lost and found in the absence of Duty Manager.
24. Keeps the immediate management fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
25. Ensure the Front Desk and Back Office is operationally prepared and stocked at all times.
26. Ensures a full and complete shift hand over is being conducted.
27. Is proactive to achieve and encourage others to achieve objectives set out in the annual departmental performance plan.
28. Support the Duty Manager to monitor customer satisfaction and execute corrective action to achieve continuous improvement.
29. Is aware and actively promotes the importance of cost saving in the Front Office department.
30. Conduct on-the-job training to improve efficiency, product knowledge and confidence.