Celebrity Cruises is looking for dynamic, top-quality individuals to join their expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, they provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for their onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join them at sea. Join Celebrity Cruises team today as a Chef De Partie.
The Chef De Partie in Main Galley has experience in all the stations and can work any of these stations at any time necessary. He/she operates under the guidance of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef Main Galley. He/she reports directly to the Sous Chef main Galley or any supervisor (above) on duty. He/she is responsible for the routine food production as indicated in the menu plan, recipes and methods for his/her area. He/she is responsible to take care of all orders from his/her immediate supervisor on duty, pertaining to specific assignments that may arise without notice, due to special functions, itinerary or other unforeseen changes. He/she is responsible to frequently communicate the status of all food production to his/her supervisor. He/she is responsible to assign and check on work done by Cooks and Asst. Cooks in his/her area. He/she is responsible to inform the Station Head on duty or the Chef’s Personnel Assistant when routine work, for various reasons, can’t be executed in the given time frame and await further instruction. He/she is responsible to inspect all equipment and machinery used in all station of responsibility and inform the supervisors on duty of any problems or situations. He/she is fully responsible for the quality and presentation of food leaving their station. Required to train Cooks and Assistant Cooks in their stations whenever time allows it. Make sure all food is stored and all areas are cleaned to USPH standards.
1. Always work as a team member.
2. Knows how to work all stations in the main galley (see above).
3. Supervises and knows how to prepare all foods in his/her area of responsibilities.
4. Supervises, prepares and stores all foods according to USPH rules.
5. Follow “Clean as you go” work habits.
6. Perform any special work-related duties requested by your supervisor on duty.
7. Follow safe work habits and notify supervisors of any dangerous or unsafe place in work area.
8. Make frequent suggestions to your direct supervisor in order to bring the standard up and keep your interest on the job.
9. Check equipment and report any discrepancies immediately.
10. Train all crew working under your supervision.
11. Make sure to ask your supervisor for permission first before working overtime.
12. Check all provisions received from storeroom and report discrepancies immediately.
13. Works in the service line during meal hours, or in other areas as assigned by the Sous Chef.
14. Works only with confirmed recipes and methods according to company standards.
15. Schedule your time and your assistants well.
16. Knows how to delegate Cooks and Assistant Cooks to get the job done.
17. Follow all standard operations procedures provided by the company.
18. Be food cost conscious, check wastage.
19. Cleaning procedure on a daily basis according to company standards and U.S. Public Health.
20. All prepared food is to be handled with plastic gloves only.
21. All scheduled meetings have to be attended on time.
22. Always keep your cabin clean, no food items, hotel utensils, etc are allowed in cabin.
23. Keep your personal appearance in top shape and to company standards, lead by example.
24. Knows how to use crunch-time for ordering purposes.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Total 5-7 years exp. Atleast 1 year as Chef De Partie in Main Galley experience. 2 years as DCDP in Main galley experience. Has worked at least 3 years as a Cook Tournant (Station Head) in a 4-5 star hotel/restaurant environment. 3 years general culinary experience, 2 years schooling or apprentice ship. Knows how to work without direct supervision, can make decisions and is able to control various sections in the kitchen. Very good cooking skills. Very good oral and written communication. Very good knowledge of quality food operations. Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation. Able to train subordinates in all USPH matters and quality food production in the special order station.