Celebrity Cruises is looking for dynamic, top-quality individuals to join their expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, they provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for their onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join them at sea. Join Celebrity Cruises team today as a Demi Chef De Partie Pastry.
The Cook Pastry operates under the guidance of the Executive Chef. He/she take their orders directly from the 1 st Cook Pastry. He/she will report to the Sous Chef Pastry or CDP Pastry if the 1st Cook Pastry is not on duty. Will Be assigned to an specific station ( Day or Night Shift) and He/she is responsible of all dessert production of that specific area as indicated in the menu plan, recipes and methods and as assigned by the supervisor. Ensures that production is efficient and no waste occurs. He/she supervises the Asst. Pastry Cook in the pastry station. He/she is responsible to take care of all requests from the supervisor (above) pertaining to specific assignments that may arise with short notice, due to special functions, itinerary or other unforeseen changes. He/she is responsible to frequently communicate the status of all pastry food production to the supervisor (above). He/she is responsible to supervise, monitor and delegate all, and extra work-load to subordinates within a timely and cost efficient manner. He/she is responsible to inform the supervisor when routine work, for various reasons, can’t be executed in the given time frame and await further instruction. He/she shall inspect all equipment and machinery used in their area of responsibility and report any problems or situations to the Executive Chef or the Chef’s Personal Assistant. He/she has a thorough knowledge of the culinary pastry arts and is fully responsible for the quality and presentation of food leaving the station. He/she is training the Asst. Cook Pastry whenever time allows it. Make sure all food is stored and all areas are cleaned to USPH standards.
1. Work as a team member.
2. Follow “Clean as you go” work habits.
3. Do any special duty requested by your supervisor.
4. Follow safe work habits and notify supervisors of any dangerous or unsafe place in work area.
5. Make frequent suggestions to your direct supervisor in order to bring the standard up and keep your interest on the job.
6. You are responsible for all dessert production on your ship, as assigned by the supervisor.
7. Check pastries in all stations and outlets on a daily basis.
8. Follow all recipes as provided by the corporate office.
9. Follow the menu grid as provided by the traveling executive pastry chef.
10. Report all problems immediately to your supervisor.
11. Follow the time management schedule, as provided by your supervisor.
12. Follow the vacation plan and schedule according to the CBA.
13. Prepare evaluations for subordinates in corporation with your supervisor.
14. Make sure to ask your supervisor for permission first before working overtime.
15. Check all provisions received from storeroom and report discrepancies immediately.
16. Training is ongoing. Make weekly reports to the executive chef if training was received.
17. Have all show-pieces prepared in a timely manner, whenever required.
18. Give full cooperation to the Corporate Pastry Supervisor.
19. Be food cost conscious, check wastage.
20. Cleaning procedure on a daily basis according to company standards and U.S. Public Health.
21. All prepared food is to be handled with plastic gloves only.
22. All scheduled meetings have to be attended on time.
23. Always keep your cabin clean. No food items, hotel utensils etc. allowed in cabin.
24. Keep your personal appearance in top shape and to company standards, lead by example.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1 year as Demi Chef in Pastry. 2 years experience as Cook Pastry in a 4-5 star hotel/resort pastry operation or cruise ships. 2 years experience as Assistant Pastry in various star hotels or restaurants.
Very good pastry skills. Very good oral and written communication. Experienced in training subordinates in large quantity pastry preparation and good knowledge of quality dessert operations. Good artistic pastry skills for various buffet displays and show plates. Has the ability to taste all desserts to assure correct preparation.
Able to train subordinates in all United States Public Health matters and entire pastry production.