Celebrity Cruises is looking for dynamic, top-quality individuals to join their expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, they provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for their onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join them at sea. Join Celebrity Cruises team today as a Demi Chef De Partie in Continental Cuisine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste
of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’
Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through
Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner
at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard
employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Works with the Cook Tournant in the Main Galley or Specialty Galley. Assignments may change
from time to time for training purposes.
3. Assists with the transportation of food items from the main stores to the galley.
4. Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his/her working area and working utensils following
the United States Public Health rules and regulations and all times.
5. Will be assigned from time to time in an early standby in the galley for USPH purpose or helping
in the breakfast service.
6. Will be assigned from time to time for late duty in the midnight buffet service.
7. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard
operation, in order to assist guests and CFMs with inquiries.
8. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
9. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their
supervisor or management.
* 1 year as Demi Chef De Partie, 3-5 years recent experience in Continental section in a 4-5 star hotel, resort or cruise ship food preparation area
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
* Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes and manuals.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, tips,
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
* Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures.