Royal Caribbean International is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join their team. With their innovative fleet of twenty-two ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this could be a great opportunity to let your career set sail with them.
Royal Caribbean International is currently looking for Pool Attendant. Pool Attendant maintains the pool area in a clean and orderly condition by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean
International’s Gold Anchor standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and
safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence ,
each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This
consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees
and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
1. Maintains a safe, clean and sanitary pool area for guests and shipboard employees,
including the turf. Follows procedures to open and close the pool each day. Attaches
and detaches net over the pool.
2. Observes the guests in the pool area to ensure pool and general safety regulations are
followed. Responds to any type of emergency by dialing 911.
3. Maintains deck furniture in a clean and orderly fashion. Stacks chairs and transports to
4. Exchanges towels for guests according to the Pool Towel Exchange Policy. Folds and
transports towels for the spa area.
5. Maintains current knowledge of the ship’s regular events and special functions by
reviewing all available data, (daily Compass, etc.), in order to provide guests with
accurate information to answer questions.
6. Notifies management of the malfunction of safety, security and maintenance related
7. Assist the food service personnel in the collection of soiled glasses, china, cutlery, etc.
throughout the pool area. Transports to designated collection areas.
8. Empties and cleans waste-baskets and ash trays and transports trash to disposal area.
9. Cleans and sanitizes on a daily basis, the balls in the kids room ball tank.
10. Cleans and sanitizes pool area and spa showerheads on a monthly schedule. Follows
shipboard cleaning schedules to ensure periodic deep cleaning of the pools and Jacuzzis.
11. Performs a variety of duties when the pool area is closed. Transports guest’s luggage to
assigned areas during boarding and departure. Throughout the vessel dusts furniture,
and washes windows, walls, ceilings, woodwork, and door panels.
12. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as
13. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee
occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum two years previous Pool Attendant experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star hotel,
with an emphasis on maintaining the pool area in a clean and orderly condition.
Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
Ability to obtain a “Diploma of Housekeeping Efficiency” within the first six weeks of
Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s
Gold Anchor standards, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.