Welcome to the Bonnington Hotel & Residence, JLT
The only Irish family owned & operated luxury hotel! Whether you are a guest enjoying our five star hotel services, a resident in one of our luxurious serviced residences, or a business client using corporate meeting facilities, the Bonnington offers you the last word in luxury hospitality, backed by a century of experience and tradition. The Bonnington boasts 208 deluxe room and suites and features 272 luxurious serviced residences with modern and stylish restaurant and bar. Situated along Sheikh Zayed Road, just opposite Dubai Marina, and in walking distance to Jumeirah Lakes Towers metro station, the Bonnington provides a chic 5 star residential.
It’s all about you!
At the Bonnington, we have always had a passion for service, creativity and a strong team spirit – we are a culturally diverse family communicating openly, honestly and treating each other with respect.
Many of our hospitality professionals join us from all over the world and stay with us for years, develop their skills and careers, just as we improve our hotel offerings for our guests.
We aim to develop our colleagues by getting to know our colleagues and their abilities, matching their strength with the needs of the business. We value diversity and equal opportunities as colleagues are valuable asset to the company, appreciate them with recognition and appreciation to boost colleagues retention and morale.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about hospitality. Being courteous, friendly and efficient is a innate part of their personality. In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess relevant experience in a similar position in 4 or 5 stars hotel.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skill in written and spoken English is a must. Additional languages are value added advantage.
Salary & Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic salary, accommodation, transport, duty meals, air ticket and medical insurance.
• To ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are in place for all Front Office sections and that they are updated frequently and adhered to at all times.
• To make sure that appropriate fire evacuation procedures are in place for all Front Office sections, that all Front Office employees are aware of them and that regular departmental fire drills are carried out
• To work together with all other hotel departments and to ensure that all Front Office employees fully cooperate with staff from other hotel departments at all times
• Prepares and checks for VIP’s arrival and escorts guests to rooms.
• To ensure regular team, section and departmental meetings are held and that the results/outcomes are recorded, filed and followed up
• To ensure that pre-shift and post-shift briefings are conducted with all Front Office employees to make sure that all necessary information is communicated, all problems are followed up and that all employees are aware of current VIP guests, hotel promotions and room rates
• To be aware of local market competition, to monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented in our hotel
• To ensure that guest profiles in the hotel’s property management system are updated correctly after check-in and that all profiles are maintained, cleaned and merged correctly and regularly
• To assist in maintaining the Customer Feedback system
• To regularly check the service quality provided by the Front Office employees by means of customer comments, feedback during departmental & management meetings, etc. and to actively promote all ongoing incentive programs & guest feedback schemes and to communicate the results of such programs/schemes to the other HoDs and managers on a regular basis
• To frequently inspect hotel rooms and apartments and provide Housekeeping department with feedback on the status of the rooms/apartments
• Ensures the desk is covered at all times, allocating meal breaks sensibly
Candidate Must Possess
• Previous experiences in 5 Star Hotel (Preferred)
• Strong customer service
• Effective communication skills dealing with both internal and external contacts.