Chief Engineer is responsible for the efficient operation of the entire building which includes heating, plumbing, lighting, water supply, air-conditioning, construction, maintenance and repair works in close liaison with all departments. Checks daily log books and maintains flexible work schedule. Briefs management on engineering operations/maintenance of the entire hotel.
1. Plans, organizes and directs preventive maintenance programs for all mechanical/electrical machinery, equipment, fixtures and plant within the Hotel premises.
2. Personally inspects all major breakdown of equipment and damage of property for repair or rectification.
3. Designs and fabricates such articles or devices with existing materials, resources and facilities for use within the Hotel.
4. Undertakes feasibility studies on specific engineering projects relating to major engineering or building works of the Hotel to improve on existing facilities where need arises.
5. Confers with consultants from time to time to determine condition of equipment, machinery, plant, fixtures or property and repairs required.
6. Evaluated all submission by consultants on works to be done by outside contractors; prepares construction specifications; receives and analyses contract bids and supervises contracted projects.
7. Plans and prepares Engineering Department budget including the purchase of building and maintenance supplies and equipment so as to maintain an acceptable level of replacement parts in the Department at all times.
8. Plans and prepares yearly budgets for utility usage, repairs, maintenance and capital expenditures for special projects and new development.
9. Hires, trains and develops all personnel within the Engineering Department. Assigns and distributes the work load of maintenance crew to achieve maximum productivity in relation to work orders.
10. Holds bi-monthly engineering staff meeting
11. Maintains and keeps adequate records of equipment and complete up to date as built drawings, specifications, manuals for buildings, grounds and equipment.
12. Ensures that engineering staff are observant of the Hotel rules and keeping well disciplines
13. Ensures good leadership, fair in judgment, supervises and guides the engineering staff for maximum efficiency in operation and maintenance.
14. Advises and assists management of Hotel on internal campaigns and activities for energy conservation and safety programs.
15. Assumes other duties assigned by the General Manager
16. Responsible for all aspects of the Fire Safety System in the Hotel.
This position is open only to Pakistani Nationals.