MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Responsible for routine inspections of the hotel in terms of receiving/storing and food preparation.
2. Conduct regular inspections and audit the hotel premises to ensure strict compliance to food safety and the HACCP structure.
3. Responsible for auditing the internal operations as well as our external suppliers.
4. Assist in managing the overall health and safety & food safety within the hotel.
5. Implement safety risk management practices in line with the company’s health and safety policy.
6. Actively reduce guest complaints relating to health and safety and food hygiene.
1.1.7. Liaise with outside contractors and sales staff on matters of Health & Safety and food safety
8. Assist in monitoring contractors and enforcing Health & Safety standards as required.
9. Assist in carrying out food poisoning investigations as required and analysing Hazard Analysis information.
10. Monitor and document results following safety audits.
11. Monitor and interpret microbiological results from food sampling of all hotel kitchens and advise the concerned managers accordingly.
12. Assist to take care of pest control in all public areas and F&B related areas excepting rooms.
13. Maintaining monthly training records and providing records of attendance.
14. Assist in the hotel in environmental awareness and assist environmental champions where necessary.
GENERAL / MISCELLANEOUS
15. Ensures he/she is thoroughly familiar with the Hotel’s emergency procedures and is in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
16. He/she is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
17. Other duties as assigned.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Adheres to all health, sanitation and food safety rules and regulations
• Reports all potential and real hazards immediately
• Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
• Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
• Keeps the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, appropriate uniform, appearance, and conduct