Welcome to the Bonnington Hotel & Residence, JLT
The only Irish family owned & operated luxury hotel! Whether you are a guest enjoying our five star hotel services, a resident in one of our luxurious serviced residences, or a business client using corporate meeting facilities, the Bonnington offers you the last word in luxury hospitality, backed by a century of experience and tradition. The Bonnington boasts 208 deluxe room and suites and features 272 luxurious serviced residences with modern and stylish restaurant and bar. Situated along Sheikh Zayed Road, just opposite Dubai Marina, and in walking distance to Jumeirah Lakes Towers metro station, the Bonnington provides a chic 5 star residential.
It’s all about you!
At the Bonnington, we have always had a passion for service, creativity and a strong team spirit – we are a culturally diverse family communicating openly, honestly and treating each other with respect.
Many of our hospitality professionals join us from all over the world and stay with us for years, develop their skills and careers, just as we improve our hotel offerings for our guests.
We aim to develop our colleagues by getting to know our colleagues and their abilities, matching their strength with the needs of the business. We value diversity and equal opportunities as colleagues are valuable asset to the company, appreciate them with recognition and appreciation to boost colleagues retention and morale.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about hospitality. Being courteous, friendly and efficient is a innate part of their personality. In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess relevant experience in a similar position in 4 or 5 stars hotel.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skill in written and spoken English is a must. Additional languages are value added advantage.
Salary & Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic salary, accommodation, transport, duty meals, air ticket and medical insurance.
• To adhere to the department’s Standard Operating Procedures at all times
• To be aware of the departmental fire evacuation procedures
• To work together with all other Front Office and hotel employees and to fully cooperate with staff from other sections and hotel departments at all times
• To respond orally to positive or negative feedback received directly from guests or via comment cards/feedback systems and share strategies/ideas to address potential service shortfalls
• To attend pre-shift and post-shift briefings and be aware of all information communicated, all problems reported and all current VIP guests, hotel promotions, and room rates
• To be aware of local market competition, to monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented in our hotel
• To ensure that guest profiles in the hotel’s property management system are updated correctly and swiftly after check-in
• To review all reservations, transportation requests, and room allocations daily and to correct any mistakes before they affect a guest’s stay and also to ensure that all special requests are communicated to other departments as applicable & necessary
• To be innovative, suggesting new ideas and investigating new ways of doing things or new services for our guests
• To handle guest complaints, comments, problems/requests and other incidents in a professional & efficient manner, to document all complaints and incidents properly and to ensure that the Front Desk Supervisor, Night Manager and (Assistant) Front Office Manager are fully informed about all complaints/issues
• To be fully aware of the hotel’s credit policy and to adhere to all aspects of the credit policy at all times
• To ensure that a full credit-limit check is carried out and followed up daily
• To make sure that the registration card pits/buckets/files for all occupied rooms are checked daily for correctness of information on the registration card, billing backup, and charge dockets and that all mistakes found are corrected immediately
• To interact and communicate with guests & colleagues in a courteous, friendly, open and honest manner at all times.
• To carry out shifts/tasks when required and to perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Management
Candidate Must Possess
• Previous experiences in 5 Star Hotel (Preferred)
• Strong customer service
• Effective communication skills dealing with both internal and external contacts.