Welcome to the Bonnington Hotel & Residence, JLT
The only Irish family owned & operated luxury hotel! Whether you are a guest enjoying our five star hotel services, a resident in one of our luxurious serviced residences, or a business client using corporate meeting facilities, the Bonnington offers you the last word in luxury hospitality, backed by a century of experience and tradition. The Bonnington boasts 208 deluxe room and suites and features 272 luxurious serviced residences with modern and stylish restaurant and bar. Situated along Sheikh Zayed Road, just opposite Dubai Marina, and in walking distance to Jumeirah Lakes Towers metro station, the Bonnington provides a chic 5 star residential.
It’s all about you!
At the Bonnington, we have always had a passion for service, creativity and a strong team spirit – we are a culturally diverse family communicating openly, honestly and treating each other with respect.
Many of our hospitality professionals join us from all over the world and stay with us for years, develop their skills and careers, just as we improve our hotel offerings for our guests.
We aim to develop our colleagues by getting to know our colleagues and their abilities, matching their strength with the needs of the business. We value diversity and equal opportunities as colleagues are valuable asset to the company, appreciate them with recognition and appreciation to boost colleagues retention and morale.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about hospitality. Being courteous, friendly and efficient is a innate part of their personality. In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess relevant experience in a similar position in 4 or 5 stars hotel.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skill in written and spoken English is a must.
Salary & Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic salary, accommodation, transport, duty meals, air ticket and medical insurance.
• To be responsible for conducting quality inspections to ensure the highest level of cleanliness in guestrooms, public & back of house areas in accordance with the hotel’s standards
• To ensure high moral and productivity levels through staff planning, training and development and ongoing communication including performance reviews, job chats and consistent feedback
• To assist in managing all regular and special cleaning programs throughout the different hotel areas looked after by Housekeeping
• To handle guest complaints, comments, problems and requests in a professional & efficient manner, to document all complaints properly and to ensure that the Housekeeping management team is fully informed about complaints/issues concerning Housekeeping operations
• To make sure that all Housekeeping working materials/equipment, areas, signage and vehicles are always in good condition and cleaned/maintained regularly and that all faulty equipment, repair matters and health & safety concerns are immediately reported to the appropriate departments for rectification
• To ensure that all Housekeeping employees work in a safe manner, that work related accidents, sick leave and staff turnover are kept to a minimum within the department and that all hotel policies and laws & regulations of the UAE are adhered to at all times by all staff members
• To assist in regularly compiling inventories of linen, uniforms and other Housekeeping machinery & equipment
• To interact and communicate with guests & colleagues in a courteous, friendly, open and honest manner at all times
• To monitor all displays of information in all Housekeeping areas regularly and to ensure that they are up to date
• To carry out shifts/tasks when required and to perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Management
• To be responsible for all “Lost & Found” items and to ensure they are stored securely and logged correctly at all times
• To ensure that all documents & information displayed in guest rooms are up to date and in good shape at all times
• To be aware of the daily arrivals, departures, conferences & in-house events, especially VIP & regular guest arrivals, and to ensure that all staff in the appropriate Housekeeping sections are fully informed, too, and that all VIP & regular guest treatment is carried out appropriately
Candidate Must Possess
• Previous experiences in Pub/5 Star Hotel (Preferred)
• Effective communication skills dealing with both internal and external contacts.
• Basic Computer Knowledge