1. To report at work, prior to the commencement time, well groomed and to promote a professional image and manner. Also to ensure all kitchen staff adhere to these standards.
2. To have full and comprehensive knowledge of the menus, ingredients, technical skill and culinary requirements related to his job, and those of all the chefs subordinate to him.
3. To ensure the kitchen brigade meet or exceed guest’s expectations, and to demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, polite and helpful in satisfying any reasonable requests of Al Forsan customers.
4. To ensure the kitchen brigade co-operate with colleagues who needed help or assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner and to be flexible in assisting other department in response to the business and client needs.
5. To make sure behavior and attitude of himself and the kitchen brigade measures up to standards expected by Company and its representatives, and to take action within the scope of his authority to ensure that this is the case.
6. To attend and assist in all company courses, in house training sessions, and meetings as requested by the management.
7. Productivity: To ensure all staff are sufficiently trained and supervised to perform their duties productively, and are always aware of the duties they are required to perform. To make sure all staff have completed their duties in the allotted time, and before they finish their shift and leave the kitchen.
8. Quality: To ensure any food served in the outlets is cooked as demonstrated or approved by the Executive Chef, to train and develop the kitchen staff to adhere to these standards. To know the quality points of each dish, as well as how to recognize and attain these quality points while cooking. This knowledge must be passed on to subordinates in a going process, and must conform to the standard and or expectation of Executive Chef.
9. Timing: To ensure that kitchen food service & function deadlines are met, orders are produced at required quality standard within the designated timeframes.
10. Hazards & Maintenance: To report all hazards and maintenance issues to Sous Chef, Executive Chef, the Executive Chef and to document them in the kitchen communications log book. To take actions as necessary to prevent or rectify hazards or maintenance issue, and to make recommendation to Executive Chef for procedures to avoid these issue in the future.
11. Rules and Procedures: To adhere to the personal procedures and house rules at all times. To ensure that all kitchen staff abides by policies and procedures. To develop and maintain an effective relationship with staff to ensure respect for procedures, standards and his ability to provide direction, motivation and discipline as required.
12. Communications: To pass on information to staff as required by Sous Chef, Executive Chef, or by the need of operation. To communicate effectively with all department heads and administration. To document all important communication and follow established communication procedures.
13. Briefings: To conduct daily briefings and other meeting as needed to obtain optional result.
14. Meetings: To attend management meetings and conduct staff meetings and training sessions constructively. To positively contribute to the administration, development, and profitability of the company through participation in decision making and implementation of management decisions and policy.
15. Stock and cost control: To minimize wastage and spoilage through training, supervision and effective procedures. To minimize cost through effective ordering and maximizing yield. To analyze costs and ways to reduce cost. To conduct stock takes and take steps to utilize stock effectively to produce revenue. To ensure that docketing, transfer and wastage procedures are followed and properly documented.
16. Hygiene and Food handling: To ensure all kitchen staff work in a hygienic and safe manner with regard for correct food handling practices, prevention of contamination and awareness of food hygiene standards and safe temperature level for food. To oversee, direct and train subordinates to ensure hygiene and food handling practice comply with municipality guidelines and regulation, and company standards.
17. Training and Development: To learn and practice all culinary skills and techniques demonstrated or expected by the Executive Chef until proficient, and to ensure the accuracy and appropriateness for Al Forsan outlets of any skills learned from others, or from previous jobs or sources. To ensure that the culinary skills used by kitchen staff are appropriate and achieved the results and standards expected by the company. To improve the skills and workflow of all kitchen staff and yourself to the point that all deadlines and service timeframe are met, and maximum productivity is achieved, whilst maintaining quality standards. Also to lead and guide and motivate subordinate staff to achieve this standard. To identify and develop skills and manner of staff this are suitable for career advancement or progression within the company, and to document this to Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
18. Administration: To perform ordering, scheduling, communications and function planning duties. To perform other admin related duties as required by company policy or procedure, or to the Executive Chef.
19. Management: Work within the company's Human Resource Management System to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
20. Customer Service: Being attentive to guests, accurately and promptly fulfilling guest's request. Anticipate guest’s needs; maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the guest’s experience. Demonstrating a service attitude and Taking appropriate action to resolve guest's complaint.
21. Health, Safety, and Security: Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all Al Forsan policies and procedures related to health, Hygiene, and Fire Life Safety and ensure your direct reports do the same. Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are logged investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes.
22. General: Comply with Al Forsan's Corporate Code Conduct. Familiarize yourself with the company values and model desired behaviors. Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
23. To develop his professionally to gain new technical skills and deeper understanding of the culinary trade, and to have and maintain a current knowledge of culinary trends and techniques.
24. To maintain a work place environment free from discrimination, bullying, harassment, corruption, or conflict.
02 to 03 year Experience in same field