Welcome to the Bonnington Hotel & Residence, JLT
The only Irish family owned & operated luxury hotel! Whether you are a guest enjoying our five star hotel services, a resident in one of our luxurious serviced residences, or a business client using corporate meeting facilities, the Bonnington offers you the last word in luxury hospitality, backed by a century of experience and tradition. The Bonnington boasts 208 deluxe room and suites and features 272 luxurious serviced residences with modern and stylish restaurant and bar. Situated along Sheikh Zayed Road, just opposite Dubai Marina, and in walking distance to Jumeirah Lakes Towers metro station, the Bonnington provides a chic 5 star residential.
It’s all about you!
At the Bonnington, we have always had a passion for service, creativity and a strong team spirit – we are a culturally diverse family communicating openly, honestly and treating each other with respect.
Many of our hospitality professionals join us from all over the world and stay with us for years, develop their skills and careers, just as we improve our hotel offerings for our guests.
We aim to develop our colleagues by getting to know our colleagues and their abilities, matching their strength with the needs of the business. We value diversity and equal opportunities as colleagues are valuable asset to the company, appreciate them with recognition and appreciation to boost colleagues retention and morale.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about hospitality. Being courteous, friendly and efficient is a innate part of their personality. In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess relevant experience in a similar position in 4 or 5 stars hotel.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skill in written and spoken English is a must. Additional languages are value added advantage.
Salary & Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic salary, accommodation, transport, duty meals, air ticket and medical insurance.
• To adhere to safety policies and report and accidents, near misses or hazards to the Executive (Sous) Chef immediately
• Like all other kitchen associates, to be responsible for following and helping maintain HACCP food safety standards and all other standards that are in effect concerning food safety and sanitation
• To conduct monthly back of house kitchen audits and record the results before circulating them to all relevant departments and following up on all non conformities highlighted to ensure action is taken in a timely and efficient manner
• To monitor the HACCP system and maintain all relevant records
• To ensure kitchen work practices reflect written procedures
• To support the Executive Chef in communicating any changes in the HACCP system to all kitchen associates
• To attend any Dubai Municipality or freezone authorities meetings/trainings in relation to kitchen standards or hygiene requirements and to report findings back to the Executive Chef
• To conduct inspections in bar/restaurant and receiving areas to ensure Dubai Municipality/freezone regulations are being adhered to at all times
• To support the Purchasing Department in conducting supplier site inspections
• To accompany Dubai Municipality/freezone inspectors during their routine inspections and sampling practices as well as to circulate reports of such inspections to the relevant departments and to ensure that non conformities are addressed and rectified
• To conduct half-yearly reports identifying trends or areas of weakness regarding hygiene and safety standards
• To regularly liaise with the Stewarding and Engineering Departments regarding cleanliness and maintenance issues
• To maintain the kitchen administration files in accordance with Municipality/freezone and HACCP requirements
• To create the HACCP manual, all SOPs and work instructions related to HACCP, all flow charts and formats for HACCP procedures and all process descriptions and hazard analysis worksheets
• To liaise with the hotel nurse to ensure that health cards are renewed on time
• To conduct weekly personal hygiene checks on Kitchen associates
• To assist with vendor audits and risk assessments
• To be aware of the daily arrivals, departures, conferences & in-house events, especially VIP & regular guest arrivals
• To minimize operating cost by using all equipment and products in accordance with the departmental guidelines and to ensure that all equipment is turned off at the end of the shift
• To be mindful of accident prevention at all times
• To carry out shifts/tasks when required and to perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Management