• Answer all incoming calls in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
• Addressing guest/caller by name after checking on name of caller.
• Receive, record and process reservations from different sources using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques.
• Identify the guest needs and accordingly determine the appropriate room type.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information;
• Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures of the department and the hotel.
• Be up to date at all times of the Selling Strategy, rates, packages, groups and booking status of the hotel
• Process and respond within 24 hours to all reservation requests and inquiries.
• Ensure all traces for the day per shift are printed and checked for appropriate action.
• Ensure all extranets messages requiring action are responded within 24 hours.
• Be pro- active in solving problems whenever possible.
• Promote the Hotel’s products and services by telephone, e-mail
• Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
• Accept wait list reservations with approval of the manager.
• Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc
• Manage “no show” reservations by investigation and recording of same
• Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions
• Liaise with Reservations Manager or Front Office Manager or Finance Manager for all reservations requiring credit approval
• Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
• Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates
• Prepare reports as requested (e.g. to travel agents, business houses etc)
• Prepare reservation sales reports
• Maintain a good relationship with the Front Office and back of the house departments.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance is up to hotel’s grooming standards.
1. Experience in 4 or 5 star property preferably in UAE.
2. Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Reservations Agent.
3. Arabic speaking would be an added advantage.
3. Should have good communication skills specially writing skills.
4. Guest focused and proactive approach.
5. Outgoing personality.