We are looking for a candidate for the position of Sales Manager who can show a great level of creativity in connecting with decision makers, the capacity in pursuing lead opportunities, good technical knowledge, excellent verbal communication skills and high emotional / adaptability capabilities.
Main Job Functions:
• Promote and sell to market in defined geographic region.
• Generate hotel awareness through direct phone sales; direct sales calls, trade shows and networking groups.
• Work closely with sales and marketing team to solicit, sell and confirm business required to meet budgeted sales goals.
• Candidate should possess the ability to solicit business.
• This position requires a high degree on independent judgement and discretion on decision making.
• Selling group rooms, servicing accounts, developing and following up on leads for assigned markets.
• Conduct effective sales programs in established group room markets by setting and achieving goals.
• Achieves sales goals.
• Develops and implements new/special market programs when needed.
• Evaluates potential business for existing and new markets.
• Communicates accurate information on in-house groups to help hotel associates service their needs most completely. Maintains daily contact with in-house groups.
• Anticipates (or reacts to) group problems and provides solutions.
• Maintains effective communication, with all necessary contacts, regarding group business, reports of conventions, copies of correspondence and memos.
• Develops and maintains owner relations, as it relates to business opportunities.
• Prepares specialized reports, as needed.
• Understands forecasting month end reports, assists in compiling reports when needed.
• Keeps abreast of budgeted revenue goals and assists in putting together plans and actions or originates and generates business when needed.
• Understands and works closely with Reservations Department to ensure target ceilings and rates are met.
• Represents company at trade association meetings to promote property.
• Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, hotel and company policies and procedures.
• You should be holding preferably a degree in Sales & Marketing.
• Three to five years related experience preferably in Basha Heights and/or Dubai areas.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently utilize a variety of computer programs, i.e., Word, Excel, OPERA, property management system.
• Hotel Sales (Association Market) experience preferred.