To provide the in-house guests & an efficient housekeeping services in terms of cleaning the public areas and the other related areas; especially on the assigned floors.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Report to work within the requested time, prior to the commencement of duty, well groomed and dressed to the uniform standards.
• Demonstrate pride in the work place with a high level of commitment.
• Treat all guests, members & colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
• Anticipate guest’s needs wherever possible and react to these to enhance guest satisfaction.
• Promote helpful and professional image to the internal and external customers.
• Ascertain a high degree of guest satisfaction (to receive zero complaints about your department)
• Use guest names wherever appropriate.
• Have good knowledge of all the different types of rooms, hotel facilities, hours of operation, restaurants and functions rooms. To be well informed about the special functions and events held in the hotel on daily basis.
• Be aware of hotel management, their office location, role and availability.
• Comply with the hotel legal requirements for fire, bomb threats and Health Safety.
• Attend all training sessions as required.
• Keep your work area clean and tidy all the times.
• Have the maximum knowledge of Dubai History, places of interest, shopping areas, etc.
• Maintain the professional confidentiality and never disclose any secret pertaining to the company.
• Carry out any reasonable duties as required by a senior manager.
• Follow the Lost & Found procedures.
• Allocate the rooms on the floor for the room attendants.
• Supervise that all the room boys are working in their respective allotted rooms.
• Check the cleaning standards of the room boys.
• Report any discrepancy to the Executive Housekeeper.
• Check all the fixtures of the rooms are in working conditions.
• Check the public area cleaning standards.
• Give on job training for room boys and public area attendants.
• Check the availability and placement of the complete room amenities.
• Check that all the required standard stationary items are placed in the rooms.
• Make the room status report for the front desk.
• Call all DND at 1300 hrs to check the status and service required.
• Check each and every checked out rooms before releasing the guest.
• Record any important thing in the log book.
Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the hotel.
Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
Report any unusual occurrences to his superior.
At all times strive to represent company in the most professional, courteous manner.
Be able to work accordingly to budget, keep constant eye on staffing level and control costs as much as you can.
Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High school diploma OR general education Diploma is required.
Computer skills is essential
Excellent command of English, Arabic – listening, speaking, reading and writing
Minimum 2 years experience in housekeeping or related work in hotel industry and 6-9 months experience in the supervisory position in four star or five star hotels.
Strong leadership skills, pro-active, smart, service-mind and friendly
Able to work under pressure, self-motivated and a fast learner