The Room Service Waiter is responsible for receiving orders, preparing orders and delivering items to guest rooms in an attentive and efficient manner ensuring to provide excellent quality service following the Hotel Standard.
• To have a full knowledge of the food i.e. Food & Beverage items & their specifications, menu prices, recipes, style of service etc.
• Be able to explain the menu and serve to our guests in a polite and appealing manner.
• Properly communicate guest’s specific requirements, allergies and dietary needs.
• Check with the guest regarding the satisfaction of the meal.
• Regularly upsell of food and beverages and making guests aware of promotions.
• Present correct payment to each guest.
• Responsible for cleaning and removing the trolleys/trays from guest rooms and corridor.
• Ensure to have minimum wastage and breakage.
• Strictly follow all the safety and security procedures according to the hotel standards.
• Report all unsafe working conditions and accidents to the manager.
• Ensure the restaurant supplies (i.e. Food & Beverage) are collected at the agreed time.
• To be able to immediately monitor guest comments and pass on to your Superior, and be pro- active in solving problems whenever possible.
• Ensure services at the outlet to be rendered as per the set standards without taking any shortcuts.
• To ensure a very good relationship between the Operations floor, the Kitchen & Front of the House.
• To assist the associates from the other F&B outlet in serving all items in accordance with the service standards.
• To maintain the cleanliness within the outlets area and back office areas within the outlet.
• To attend all line up and communication meetings which take place before each shift.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance is up to hotel’s grooming standards.
1. Experience in 4 or 5 star property.
2. Minimum of 1 year of experience as a waiter.
3. Should have excellent communication skills.
4. Guest focused and proactive approach.
5. Outgoing personality.