Main duties and responsibilities
1. Have a throughout knowledge of Al Jawhara product and services.
2. Attend to each call in a courteous and efficient manner, using appropriate telephone etiquette.
3. Maintain a daily log of all calls. Information should include:
a. Guest name, room number and folio number
b. Service request or issue
c. Time of call
d. Agent name
e. Action taken/resolution
f. Follow up information, including final status
4. Print and distribute reports per unit requirements.
5. Maintain and be familiar with a directory of information that contains, but is not limited to, the following, so guest requests and questions can be answered:
a. Local hotels, addresses, telephone and fax numbers
b. Travel agencies
d. Car rental
e. Taxi and limousine services
f. Money exchanges
g. Banks and automated teller machines (ATMs)
h. Local restaurants, hours, type of food, price
i. Local attractions, hours, prices
j. Houses of worship, hours of services
k. Shopping facilities
6. Maintain a pass-on log for the next shift, noting any services that are pending to ensure follow up.
7. Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
8. Updating the C.I.D system on a daily basis with daily hotel activities.
9. Updating proper guest’s profiles on the CID system.
10. Performing the room moves on the CID system as updated on OPERA.
11. Checking out rooms from CID as soon as performed on OPERA.
12. Passing on proper hand over to other colleagues.
13. Dealing with CID Inspections.
14. Delivering important messages posted in C.I.D system to concerned departments of the hotel.
Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the hotel.
Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
Report any unusual occurrences to the Front Office Supervisors or Front Office Manager.
At all times strive to represent Al Jawhara in the most professional, courteous manner.
Be able to work accordingly to budget, keep constant eye on staffing level and control costs as much as you can.
Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
High school diploma required.
Excellent computer skills
Excellent command of English, Arabic – listening, speaking, reading and writing
Minimum 2 years experience in related work in four star or five star hotels.
pro-active, smart, service-mind and friendly
Able to work under pressure, self-motivated and a fast learner