As a Chef De Partie, you are responsible for assisting the Sous Chef in the day to day operation, taking care of daily food preparation and duties assigned to you through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Sous Chef.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain the highest possible hygiene and maintenance standards. Ensure the highest degree in applied hygiene and food safety as per the ADFCA, HACCP guidelines to ensure that the food served to the Guest is of highest quality and standard
• Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation to ensure that all ready to serve dishes are of appropriate portion and presented as per standards set by the Sous Chef
• Work in close cooperation with all other key departments in the Hotel to ensure a smooth operation
• Control the food cost by practicing economy of inventory items to ensure sufficient supplies and minimize cost by avoiding wastage and spoilages
• Attend required meetings and daily briefings with your team members ensuring efficient communication, to run Kitchen section smoothly
• Guide and train the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure highly motivated and economical working environment
• Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
• Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
Additional to the above mentioned requirements an Employee will at times be expected to perform tasks and duties outside of his/her scope of work as necessitated by work demand.
This document does not create an Employee contract. It is stressed that changes in business may require alterations to this job description.
1. Carries out any reasonable request made by the management.
1. Attends any meeting or training sessions as required by management.
2. Is conversant with :
• The hotel fire procedures
• The hotel and company security procedures
• The hotel health and safety policy and procedures
• The hotel facilities and attractions
• Methods of payment accepted by the company
• Hotel operation standards and departmental procedures
• Short and long term marketing promotions
3. Maintains a safe and hygienic environment
Job Type: Full-time
• Hotel Chef de Partie: 1 year