Multi-Site Manager of Human Resources - Palm Springs Area
14 Nov 2016
Click here to learn about our amazing culture! Wyndham Vacation Ownership is currently seeking a hands-on Manager of Human Resources to support our Resort Operations, Sales/Marketing for 6 resorts within a 30 mile radius. This role will drive strategy and support organizational initiatives. This individual is responsible for ensuring that hiring, employment, and termination practices are compliant with company policy as well as state and federal statutes. She/He will also be held accountable for partnering with hiring managers to promote communication and employment practices that have a positive impact on the reduction of turnover, employee morale, and overall business results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with business leaders to ensure that the talent management strategy and approach is linked to the business needs.
- Partner with the business to ensure alignment and focus on goals related to employee engagement and other critical components that effect employee recruitment and retention.
- Interpret, administer and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, company policies and procedures. Remain current and adhere to documentation and retention measures that will ensure compliance and reduce company exposure.
- Advise, coach, and mediate on HR-related matters with employees and managers. Effectively investigate, document and apply corrective actions when appropriate for employee complaints. Proficiently address all harassment and discrimination cases in accordance with company, federal and state guidelines.
- Assess and identify employee and leadership developmental and training needs. Recommend and deliver diversity, policies and procedures, employment law and leadership training as needed. Coordinate and lead key management development and project initiatives that respond to current and projected organizational needs.
- Support the development and or implementation of organization-wide projects and programs.
- Attend various business leadership meetings to ensure goal alignment. Provide objective feedback to business initiatives and assist in the development of solutions that support the business objectives
- Four-year college degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Business Administration or Communications strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of professional-level HR and or a combination of HR and operations experience
- Experience in supporting business or field operations
- Human Resources support to a hospitality organization preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to drive strategy and HR initiatives
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Familiar with CA rules and regulations
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional Designation in Human Resources (PHR) preferred
- Project Management Experience
- Ability to deliver effective presentations and training
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include:
- Ability to create team building environment.
- Ability to resolve employee conflicts and offer advice and solutions creating a win/win situation for the employee and the company
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances and to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relating to the state of CA, HR, including EEO and FLSA
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary and bonus, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Relocation Assistance
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide's (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world's largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its five primary consumer brands, CLUB WYNDHAM, WorldMark by Wyndham, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations Club and Margaritaville Vacation Club®. As of December 31, 2014, we have developed or acquired more than 200 vacation ownership resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 24,000 individual vacation ownership units and more than 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and is supported by more than 17,000 associates globally.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham