Director, Environment Services
04 Nov 2016
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies.
We provide a range of hospitality products and services through our global portfolio of world-renowned brands under our parent company, Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN).
Do you want to be part of a company ranked as one of the best places to work?
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world's largest hotel company based on number of hotels and is one of three hospitality business units of Wyndham Worldwide. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company's global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and 678,000 rooms in 72 countries under the following brands: Dolce Hotels and Resorts ® , Wyndham Grand ® , Wyndham Hotels and Resorts ® , Wyndham Garden ® Hotels, TRYP by Wyndham ® , Wingate by Wyndham ® , Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham ® , Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham ® , Ramada ® , Baymont Inn & Suites ® , Days Inn ® , Super 8 ® , Howard Johnson ® , Travelodge® and Knights Inn ® . Wyndham Rewards, the company's guest loyalty program, offers more than 44 million members the opportunity to earn and redeem points at thousands of hotels across the world.
The Operations Services Group is responsible for maintaining stable operations of our production systems and facilitating production support incidents with our partners. Incorporated within this team are the responsibilities to grow and support WHG IT's technology infrastructure, databases and security & compliance. The team is currently distributed between Parsippany, Phoenix and St. John Canada and the role is expected to maintain close working relationships with the various offices and the customers of our technology and our corporate technology team.
The Director of Environmental Services has direct responsibility for the health and efficient performance of WHG's infrastructure footprint including physical assets in Phoenix, cloud based services and other infrastructure as the company evolves over time. A key component of the role is oversight and management of WHG's Phoenix based technology team including various system administrators, DBAs, disaster recovery, storage, asset management and facilities administration.
The ideal candidate is able to understand our business drivers and needs, has a solid understanding of data center operations, and has a proven background in migrating on premise applications to the cloud and data center consolidation. The position is responsible to help formulate plans and guide the evolution of our Phoenix data center into an operations center of excellence leveraging cloud technologies and decommissioning the physical infrastructure.
Technology efforts will focus around supporting the company's various transformational efforts, improving relationships between the Phoenix team and the Parsippany team, planning and delivering against the company goal to retire the raised floor infrastructure without impacting our Business As Usual.
This individual will actively participate in a consultative role with our IT teams, partners and other product / services owners as a subject matter expert for best practices related to infrastructure, cloud, security & compliance.
Data Center & Infrastructure:
-Working with the Chief Architect, build the roadmap to migrate out of the physical infrastructure to cloud and partner based technology
-Manage and maintain assets
- Resource planning and management
- Facility oversight and management
- Expense verification and approvals
- Capital improvements planning and management
- Optimal and efficient facility operation
- Business Continuity Planning
- Disaster Recovery
- Facility Security
Cloud & Infrastructure Services:
- Work with the team to ensure optimal, efficient and timely administration of our operating systems and infrastructure, building out of cloud automation and enabling efficiencies across our WHG IT team through best practices, self-service and timely delivery of support to our internal teams.
Application & Security Services:
- Ensure efficient and timely delivery of services related to storage, database administration, application middleware/technology stack and disaster recovery.
-Provide oversight and guidance for appropriate levels of security and compliance across our technologies consistent with the goals of our organization, legal, security and compliance teams
Effective Business Partner:
-Understand internal clients business strategies and goals
-Support strategies in accordance with the various systems roadmaps
-Identify opportunities to enhance the infrastructure, support, compliance or risk profile of our environment and process while leveraging strategic goals
IT Team Liaison:
Collaborative engagement with various internal departments for strategic guidance, updates and on-going changes
-Open lines of communication of challenges and updates
-Provide customer updates on impacts, needed materials, changes
-Escalated support & transparency
- Experience working on large cross functional projects.
- Proven ability to drive and or participate in large-scale projects or processes consisting of cross-functional teams, with strong collaboration and leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively and build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate decisions and recommendations to senior leadership in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Multiple years' experience in data center operations
- 3-5 years' experience with amazon cloud
- Proven capabilities in managing a migration of on-premise technologies to the cloud
- Must have a strong background in project delivery
- Strong written and oral communication skills; good presentation skills with ability to think outside the box to generate solutions; ability to interpret data and see trends and patterns
- Highly proficient knowledge with Windows applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.