Do you see yourself as a Spa Manager?
What's your passion? Whether you're into volunteer work, beach sports or flying kites, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This exciting opportunity has overall responsibility for developing and implementing the total sales and marketing strategy of the hotel.
Crowne Plaza Amman enjoys a prime location at the 6 th circle area. Crowne Plaza Amman is only a 30-minute drive from Queen Alia International Airport. The 267 rooms equipped with an array of modern amenities and latest technology.
For meetings and conferences, the hotel is well equipped for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with five flexible function rooms. Over 340 colleagues are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define the company.
In this role you Effectively manage the Spa to maintain brand standards, and achieve budget and other agreed objectives.
Promote the desired work culture around our Winning Ways; Do the right thing, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference and Work better together.
Hotel General Manager, Hotel Operations Manager, Spa Staff members, Spa members and Hotel Guests.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Approach Spa branding in a positive and 'can do' manner.
• Instil brand values and standards into staff so they fully understand and believe in the brand.
• Maintain brand standards on a day to day basis.
• Contribute to brand review, so brand remains relevant and appropriate to customer needs.
• Recruit staff who reflect Spa standards in line with company procedures.
• Induct staff thoroughly, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the company, the Spa, and customers, their role and your expectations.
• Train staff, utilising company courses, so they perform to company expectations.
• Develop staff, so they can progress within the company, and fulfil career aspirations.
• Review performance regularly; 5 days , 6 weeks and 12 weeks initially linked to personal learning file, and then a minimum of 6 monthly performance reviews.
• Catch staff doing something right - engender a positive atmosphere where staff want to, and can do, well.
• Handle poor performers, coaching initially and using formal procedures if no improvement.
• Treat staff fairly and consistently, using the disciplinary procedure for instances of misconduct.
• Screen all potential Spa users using company approved procedures, to spot risk factors and identify objectives.
• Conduct company approved fitness tests and interpret for members.
• Prescribe programmes that enhance member's lifestyles, and promote behaviour change.
• Design and deliver a programme of classes that meets member's needs, and brand standards.
• Instruct members in the use of facilities and gym equipment, so it is safe, fun and beneficial.
• Fully utilise computerised systems - in line with company guidelines.
• Constantly monitor Spa competitors, using information to recommend changes to Spa strategies.
• Liaise with General Manager over best approaches to marketing, and monitor success of each initiative.
• Handle all enquiries and sales tours professionally and skilfully aiming to maximise conversions.
• Manage the membership enquiry system, fully utilising it in line with guidelines.
• Constantly review membership mix, rates, Direct Debit % to ensure optimum.
• Maintain retention at agreed levels, and monitor non renewals, action as appropriate.
• Drive all retail activities in Spa (including beauty, sports retail, food and beverage) ensuring effective marketing, sales promotion, sales and after sales service.
• Drive all other secondary spend activities in Spa (including personal training, guest fees, class income) ensuring effective marketing, sales promotion, sales and after sales service.
• Achieve Spa Gross Operating Profit targets.
• To assist in review of the annual budget and identify short term objectives to achieve targets
• Establish and attain key business objectives relating to all areas of Spa performance.
• Review financial performance on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, take remedial action as appropriate. Provide accurate weekly and monthly figures as requested by General Manager, and submit by deadlines.
• Comply with Spa and hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
• Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
• Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
• Actively participate in training and development programmes and maximise opportunities for self development.
• To maintain the appropriate attitude and physique to reflect and promote the image of Spa
• Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
• Being attentive to guests
• Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
• Understand and anticipate guest needs
• Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
• Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
• Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
• Appreciate the dynamic nature of the health club industry/hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
• To assist in the promotion of the health club/hotel (and IHG generally) by being involved in a variety of activities, in accordance with the budget set by the Spa Manager.
• To assist in the sales of accessories in the Spa
• Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all health clubs and IHG hotels in your region.
• Develop extra activities and events such as circuits, aqua-aerobics, running club etc.
Health Safety & Security
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
• Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
• Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager.
• Assist in the maintenance of all facility equipment and carry out minor repair work
• Assist in the monitoring and control of the pool and spa in relation to those standards as given in the Maintenance / Pool & Spa Manuals
• Assume responsibility for the highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness in the Spa.
• Assume responsibility for the daily administration of the club and constantly review the efficiency of the systems in place.
• Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
• Familiarise yourself with our winning ways which link to the desired behaviours that we expect all our employees to display.
• Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
• Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
• Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
• Represent Company in professional manner at all times.
• Maintain regular and positive communication with General Managers and key Head Office personnel.
• Foster positive links with other Spa, to encourage mutual support and exchange of ideas. Undertake and achieve specific objectives as agreed with General Manager and spa team<br><br> Bachelor's degree / higher education qualification two to four years of experience in a hospitality Spa equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must speak English language. Other languages preferred.