Recommend a friend - Band 5
Do you see yourself as a Director, Marketing Services?
What's your passion? Whether you're into books, BBQ's or bowling, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas' Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta's Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams - Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
This exciting role will w ork closely with V.P. Marketing Services to further establish and operationalize a Global Marketing Center of Excellence - with specific attention to driving Integrated Marketing Communications and Creative Excellence. Partnering with Global Brand Directors, this role will further evolve and refine strategic frameworks and marketing strategies that will continue to clearly position our brands and bring them to life in a unique, compelling and differentiated way. This may be through globally led delivery, where the role will champion the idea from inception to completion (R in RAPID). Or, this role will act as a 'trusted partner' providing inputs and a considered point-of-view (I in RAPID) to Regional brand when they take the lead.
Develop and implement strategic marketing communications plans and execute tactical initiatives to achieve overall brand objectives for The Holiday Inn Brand Family - HIBF. Design and develop Brand(s) communication programs, plans and processes that align with the Brand(s) strategy. Embed the processes, governance and standards to guide alignment and ensure integrated plans across Functions and Regions in order to support the overall marketing vision, objectives and goals.
The role includes creative development, stewarding creative approvals, agency management, managing Cross-Functional teams and collaboration with key internal and external partners. Key skills needed include creative/strategic acumen, lateral thinking, agency management, creative concept evaluation, project management, planning and organization and working collaboratively within a team. Marketing and agency experience preferred.
Act in a thought leadership role to champion creativity, high quality marketing decisions, development and execution in support of Global Brand Team, Regions and Cross-Business Functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - (Key Activities)
• Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders, including Global Brand Team, Regional Marketing, Loyalty, Digital, etc. to further refine the HIBF marketing communications strategic agenda and ultimately follow it through by delivering impact in market through execution
• Further evolve and refine frameworks and marketing strategies that will guide Regional teams in the areas of communications, advertising, direct marketing, internet, digital, social and public relations that supports the global brand positioning and strategic business objectives for the Holiday Inn Brand Family
• Be highly creative and know how to get great work by working with both internal stakeholders and external agency partners
• Develop catalytic creative briefs that clearly articulate communication objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct agency and then partner with them in creative development
• Develop unique, compelling and innovative global communications solutions that create a point of differentiation, provide a competitive advantage and enhance the overall market positioning of the assigned brands
• Provide Creative Excellence thought leadership within Global Brands & Marketing Services and to other Internal stakeholders
• Manage ongoing relationship with agencies selected for communications projects - including agency fees, production budgets and rigid timeline management to ensure timely implementation
• Analyse data and build recommendations to maximize knowledge of current and future consumer needs, product, brand awareness, price/value perception, consumer and consumer trends
• Work closely with Global Research and Insights team to leverage culturally relevant trends, test creative concepts and executions, ensure breadth and depth of understanding of target audience, and unearth fertile guest insights to drive compelling communications
• Work with Regional Brand teams to ensure proper translation of global communication strategies such that execution and implementation at the Regional level deliver on intended result
• Work closely with Regional Marketing and Cross-Functional partners to ensure they're engaged in the creative development process and clearly set their expectations of 'what' they'll receive and 'when' they'll receive it
• Look to drive efficiencies and synergies across Regions by leveraging best-in-class assets in order to reduce duplicative efforts and maximize working dollars
• Develop expert knowledge of the globally competitive environment for the hotel category as it relates to consumer value proposition and communications strategy for assigned brands
• Develop short and long term communications plans and approaches for both external and internal stakeholders in conjunction with Cross-Brands team and corporate communications
• Lead assigned function within established budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals, performance standards, and operating procedures for assigned functions
• Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets
• Maintain and monitor marketing spend against budget, ensuring the continual maximization of working dollars spent against major product and brand priorities
• Take leadership role with Marketing Services team helping to drive vision for creative excellence, team focus and build engagement
• Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes
• Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems
Competitive salary plus bonus potential<br><br> Education -
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Proven delivery of unique, compelling, differentiated and highly creative integrated marketing campaigns. 10+ years progressive marketing experience with demonstrated proficiency in marketing communications and/or brand management role in a global, multi-brand and highly matrixed organization. As well as 5 to 7 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects. Experience within the realm of a creative agency would be an advantage.
Technical Skills and Knowledge -
• Creative Concept Evaluation: Ability to evaluate and shape creative concepts and executions based on creative/strategic alignment, creative acumen and predicted guest/market impact
• Agency Management: Knowledge of methods or techniques used and ability to inspire agency performance. Demonstrate experience of working with world-class agency partners in creative, media and digital (a digital and connected media native)
• Creative Brief Development: Knowledge of the creative brief development process. Ability to align brand strategy with creative strategy. Fueled by powerful and catalytic guest insight, demonstrate capacity to translate insight into targeted, results oriented, highly creative and innovative marketing communications
• Understanding of consumer trends, insights, passion points and media content consumption behaviors and the ability to identify implications for business to capture new consumer opportunities
• Strategic Selling: Ability to listen to various points of input, and sell a vision of the work through knowledge of brand, knowledge of the guest and power of the creative solution
• Demonstrated effective and persuasive verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to stakeholders, agencies, senior management and colleagues
• Lateral thinking, agency management, creative concept evaluation, project management, planning and organization, working within a team, creative/strategic acumen, relationship building, influencing, collaboration, proactivity, a results focus, buttoned up, highly motivated and proven ability to manage to key business indicators
• Demonstrated knowledge of marketing principles and strategic planning process
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective integrated marketing communications and/or channel communications strategies in a packaged goods and/or travel/service environment and/global brand organization preferred
• Demonstrated experience in effectively managing a marketing/communications program budget and effectively allocating budget resources to maximize impact
• Demonstrate ability to be an independent thinker with strong leadership and communications skills, able to inspire both internal partners and external agency te