Director, Industial Engineer
08 Nov 2016
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide's (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world's largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its seven primary consumer brands, CLUB WYNDHAM, WorldMark by Wyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM ASIA®, WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club and Margaritaville Vacation Club® and WYNDHAM CLUB BRASIL SM . As of December 31, 2014, we have developed or acquired more than 200 vacation ownership resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 24,000 individual vacation ownership units and more than 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and is supported by more than 17,000 associates globally.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership currently is looking for a Director, Industrial Engineer for the Business Improvement and Quality Improvement team. This position will support the Vice president in developing and executing strategies focused on developing comprehensive standardized processes that drive transparency and increased operational capabilities. The Sr. Director will also establish continuous improvement through projects and initiatives including equipment inventory/supply management, labor management, guest coordination, department logistics, operational quality control, and leadership communication. Additionally the position will provide innovative insight, guidance, and project management support for global programs and IT systems initiatives. The Sr. Director will also help lead the utilization of business intelligence tools such as process modeling, process simulation, process repositories, and reporting dashboards to automate and future optimize processes. The position will also be responsible for leading Directors and Managers, supporting the creation and maintenance of key metric reports, and providing analysis for leaders. This position will work directly with Senior Leaders to improve existing procedures creating efficiency in retention, compliance and position each Business Unit to achieve strategic intents and support the key performance indicators.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Analytical/Technical Guidance
- Provide analytical and technical leadership and guidance for team and operations. Utilize continuous improvement methods and tools (Process Modeling, Operations Research, Process Simulation, Ergonomics, Statistical Quality Control, Work Design, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.) in the most effective and efficient manner. Stay up to day on current industry trends and technology, ensuring that leaders understand how to review and implement the information and analysis provided.
Supervise/Coach Direct Reports
- Lead and support the development of directors and managers in areas such as process improvement, project management and data analysis. Set priorities and define deliverables and standards for staff performance while creating a working environment where productivity can be sustained and accomplished.
Lead Project Planning and Execution
- Manage a portfolio of various strategic and operational projects through the entire project life cycle to achieve on-time and on-budget performance. Leads and gives direction through influencing other leaders to ensure overall program management. Expresses integrity through internal communication of program requirements and changes while monitoring daily performance. This includes identifying, tracking and managing critical components for program success and defining business and user acceptance criteria.
Serve as a key member of Operations Team
- Help set strategic direction with client group. Collaborate with leadership and provide direction to ensure the organization's strategic plan is translated into tactical goals and objectives that are measured to guarantee performance and objectives are met and/or exceeded. Track and analyze operational performance and advocate changes where necessary to meet goals. Serve as a key member of assigned Business Unit leadership team. Attend meetings and team events to build strong relationships with business partners. Provide expertise and guidance in this business area understanding and articulating upstream and downstream processes to assist in building the WVO System as a whole. Ensure alignment of assigned Business Unit goals with the WVO Strategic Plan and Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide innovative approaches and ideas that improve global operation and support processes. Balance the need for increased efficiency and productivity with the necessity of maintaining brand standards across multiple brands. Drive a culture of quality at all associate levels through training, facilitation, and mentorship.
- Lead, provide vision, and set strategy for the implementation of improvement projects, and formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the operations.
Overall travel is estimated at 25%.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications Education
- Bachelor Degree (Master's preferred) in Industrial Engineering or related field of expertise
- Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent certification preferred
- Project Management Credential preferred
- On-going related certifications as needed
Knowledge and skills
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and resolve program risks, issues, and dependency and resource constraints
- Ability to proactively manage and resolve conflicts, and objectively evaluate similar processes across varying functions
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written/oral communication skills
- Effectively communicate/collaborate with various levels and departments both internally and externally
- Self motivated with the ability to be flexible in shifting priorities and focusing on critical tasks
- Ability to work independently under time constraints in a fast pace dynamic environment with a positive professional attitude
- Ability to complete tasks accurately, timely, and with a sense of urgency
- Resort/hotel operations knowledge
- Simulation skills
- Experience leading Lean and Six Sigma project portfolios, delivering training, providing mentoring and coaching
- Ability to drive results, exhibit business acumen, have proven analytical and problem solving skills, and demonstrated effective interpersonal ability to influence without authority
- Ability to interface and influence Senior leadership
- Exhibit strong leadership, process disciplined, and capable of successfully leading change
- High proficiency in project management and process improvement
- Advanced utilization of Microsoft Office (Excel/Access/Word/PowerPoint/SharePoint/Visio)
- Statistical Quality Control
- Experience with HotSOS and SAS preferred
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk Management
- 8-10 years of Industrial Engineering, process improvement and/or management experience
- More than 2 years experience in the Time-Share Industry preferred
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement. Benefits A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive: *Medical/dental and vision care plans *A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max) *Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green. Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham