Scope and General Purpose of Job :
Responsible for analyzing the market supply/demands reflective of the aligned competitive hotel environments. Oversee and develop the revenue processes to ensure effective/relative market pricing, distribution, channel management and the training and evolution of revenue management business best practices for current and future Hyatt hotels in the South Asia region.
Work with the Regional Vice President Revenue Strategy for EAME-SWA to apply company policies on revenue management which relate to strategy interaction and implementation, SOP's and technology to guarantee South Asia is fully aligned with company objectives.
Operationally work with the Vice President Sales Operations on all initiatives that assist in the delivery of South Asia revenue performance goals - actively initiates ideas on revenue generation that underpin hotels revenue objectives and operational requirements.
· To manage the efforts of all Revenue Management Specialists consistent with EAME-SWA principles and ensure they have been well trained to communicate and direct the business rules surrounding the Hyatt pricing and distribution processes and policies.
· To ensure that all hotels efficiently use and implement training programmes for their revenue management and marketing analytics tools and business processes.
· To ensure that all offices that support pricing globally have the appropriate tools and systems with access to decision support data provided by Hyatt.
Operational · To assist hotel management of new hotels in South Asia and coordinate with Global Contact Centers the hotel set-up for optimal revenue performance.
· To provide guidance to hotels to maximise occupancy and revenue generation through pricing strategies and proper inventory management.
· To coordinate annual forecasting processes in coordination with South Asia Corporate Director Finance and South Asia Vice President of Sales Operations.
· To determine, implement and monitor measurable growth strategies through distribution channels.
· To ensure strategic and operational compliance to all Hyatt revenue management best practices and business strategies.
· To provide ongoing analysis and feedback to hotels on effectiveness of past and future revenue management strategies and market trends.
· To maintain, update and support the pro-active and re-active communication process designed for EAME-SWA to disseminate consistent and relevant Revenue Management EAME-SWA principles and techniques to all Revenue Management Specialists across South Asia.
· To work closely with third party distribution channels and Hyatt distribution teams to ensure hotels are available to sell in channels and OTAs that add value to our network.
· To work with various distribution groups, strategic, and implementation groups to ensure SWA hotels are distributed strategically in their regions and are promoted on an on-going basis.
· To ensure that "Total Revenue Management" is practiced in all hotels within region and to work towards further enhancing the business practices surrounding Total RM.
· To work with the Regional Vice President Revenue Strategy for EAME-SWA on the annual budget and ensure that all costs are strictly controlled.
· To monitor RevPar competitiveness and provide direction to hotels to maximize RevPar growth.
· To evaluate the success of promotions and other tactics aimed at increasing RevPar.
· To set in place integrated solutions to enable the hotels to focus on revenue engineering at all profit centers in each hotel and improve efficiency in cost control.
· To provide Regional Senior Management with key performance indicators and insight into business and market trends.
Technology · To maintain and update business processes resulting from new analytical and revenue management technology.
· To provide feedback to the Regional Vice President Revenue Strategy for EAME-SWA to best manage the vendor relationship with revenue management software provider in relation to the needs of the hotels in the SWA region.
· To liaise with E-Commerce team in South Asia, Dubai & Chicago to enhance Hyatt.com productivity and usability
· To advise hotels on process re-engineering and revenue maximization after reviewing hotel business processes and in consultation with Vice President of Sales Operations.
· To set in place an annual strategic business plan development process that defines the marketing strategies and tactical actions based on the forecasted demand for different periods and to review this periodically.
· To set up and conduct context specific training on Revenue Management techniques, applications and business strategies for revenue generating departments.
· To coordinate with the Regional Vice President Revenue Strategy for EAME-SWA effective marketing, pricing and distribution strategies further revenue optimization in line with brand awareness.
· To communicate with the Regional Vice President Revenue Strategy for EAME-SWA regional needs in South Asia supporting new technology, policies and procedures to influence EAME-SWA and Global strategy.
· Implement strategic revenue clustering where appropriate and be able to articulate the benefits to potentially multiple owner assets.
Marketing · To provide strategic direction, communicate clearly, and ensure compliance of the pricing philosophy to hotels and related offices.
· To coordinate the pricing and distribution of all SWA regional marketing programs.
· To provide guidance on managing inventories and utilisation of the marketing aspects of Consortia Agreements.
· To provide guidance and support to divisions, regions and hotels on pricing and distributing local hotel promotions.
· To work with Digital Marketing, Gold Passport, Analytics and other Marketing Departments to ensure that all opportunities to increase RevPar are maxi mized.
Candidate Career Specification and Profile Background
· At least 3 years in a similar corporate/regional role
· Multiple property management; oversight of 20+ hotels
· Ability to adapt to new systems and environments quickly
· Experience communicating with a complex set of stakeholders including of GM's and Owners
· Should be experienced at and have managed the strategic oversight on pre-opening hotels & resorts
· International and or India market experience essential
· Have the experience/ability to implement strategic revenue clustering where appropriate and be able to articulate the benefits to potentially multiple owner assets
· Able to demonstrate experience of mentoring and growing internal revenue personnel
· Demonstrate multiple and extensive system experience in Delphi, Opera PMS, IDeaS, CRS, GDS
· Experience in managing electronic distribution/channel management
· Strong background in developing and implementing statistical and analytical corporate reporting on the divisional property performance
· Able to articulate at divisional level strategic remedial solutions and carry them forward with the properties
· Strong understanding of the reservations - Cluster operations
· Demonstrates a strong individual ability to work as both a corporate player yet be mature and experienced enough to be able to garner the property respect through their positive interaction and ability to impact positive change within their own revenue set up.
· Project Management experience would be preferred
· Extensive travel across India, with occasional travel to Middle East and Europe will be required
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and th orough understanding of hotel revenue KPIs
Primary Location: IN-HR-Gurgaon
Organization: Southwest Asia Offices
Job Level: Director | Full-time
Worldwide/Local Candidates: Worldwide