Do you see yourself as the General Manager for our Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria Virginia property?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team?
T his exciting role will manage the operations of the hotel to maximize profitability, ensure superior service and product quality, and drive brand and value initiatives, hotel performance, and the development of people.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
• Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
• Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
• Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule/assign work. Comply with and advise staff of formal policies and procedures, identify options and resolve issues.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert Regional Operations of potentially serious issues.
• Meet or exceed Gross Operating Profit (GOP) and flow through goals. Maximize room revenues and achieve Revenue Growth Index (RGI) and Revenue Per Available Room goals. Anticipate and plan for market shifts.
• Develop and monitor the performance of financial and operational plans/budgets and sales and marketing plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the corporation. Control labor and expenses in all areas of operations. Generate well written commentary and correct departmental control issues.
• Generate and execute the Capital Expenditure Plans for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the company and brand loyalty.
• Achieve and maintain Overall Satisfaction Score (OSS) goals. Oversee the guest service function to ensure guest complaints are resolved appropriately and that appropriate service recovery gestures are made in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Establish and implement superior VIP services and programs that meet and/or exceed the expectations of the hotel's clientele.
• Ensure that food and beverage profitability and revenue goals are met or exceeded by ensuring optimal use of banquet/outlet space and the cost effective management of the hotel's food and beverage outlets. Adhere to brand standards.
• Achieve satisfactory results on internal audits and Controls Self Assessment (CSA). Manage aging of receivables to ensure bad debt expense is at a minimum.
• Ensure that product quality standards are met in all areas of the hotel as it relates to the appearance, levels of maintenance and cleanliness; establish and maintain preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel. Achieve productivity and quality goals.
• Actively promote employee participation in the Employee Satisfaction Pulse Survey (ESPS). Achieve established ESPS goals. Ensure the development and implementation of programs and events that foster a positive work environment, e.g., New Employee Orientation, employee recognition programs, harassment-free workplace training, etc.
• Establish performance goals for employees and provide regular feedback. Develop a succession plan to ensure adequate future bench strength. Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets. Achieve established Workers Compensation and safety compliance goals. Comply with all standards and inspection requirements.
• Develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the local community.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with all departments, regional contacts, and corporate office.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction
o Owners and/or Principals - regarding operational updates and current issues
o Vendors - to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies - regarding safety and compliance matters
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Top level position in a large full service, luxury, or resort property with multiple outlets and complex operations, which may include one or more of the following: multiple sites with extensive range of facilities and variety of technical aspects, difficult owner relationships, major flagship hotel with extensive competitive pressures, complex labor relations and/or history of multiple unions. Typically responsible for hotel revenues greater than $15 million.
Competitive salary<br><br> Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent, plus five to ten years of general management experience in a high level operations role or some prior general management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Standing and moving about the facilities
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Using a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
• Handling objects, products, and equipment
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Ability to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is not provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Female / Disabled / Veterans